Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm cheap, and so?

Hi!!!!!

Today we can all embrace our cheapskate-ness cause I'm gonna teach you how to DIY a bandage skirt!
(actually i've done a video on this before but it's quite screwed up... so yah)

With this tutorial, you can give your old clothes a new life plus save $$$ on buying a new bandage skirt! :)

You know whenever you see pictures like this from me with a bandage skirt, 99.99% i'm actually NOT wearing a bandage skirt! hahaha
Cause it's a friggin tank top! :p




So there are 2 kinds of DIY bandage skirts I'm gonna show you.
The first doesn't require any cutting at all, and the 2nd will require a bit more work (but still damn idiot proof~~~)

DIY Bandage Skirt #1
All you need is an old tight fitting tank top / spag top
Plus a pair of safety shorts in case the tank top is sheer


For me I always get super tight fit tank tops to make into bandage skirts
cause if it's tight fitting for your upper body, it'll definitely be tight fitting for your ass!
if it's not tight fitting it will drop and you will zhao geng okay! so make sure it's body hugging!!!


Step 1:
Lay your tank top flat


Step 2:
Fold the straps part INWARDS
(in my picture below, I've folded it outwards to show you how I folded it. but you have to fold it inwards else the tags and straps will show when you wear it)


Step 3:
Wear it on like a regular skirt. Wear additional safety shorts if your tank top material is sheer.


EASY?????? :D THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER? ^^
See the next one!

DIY Bandage Skirt #2
You will need is an old tight fitting tank top / spag top / teeshirt/ long sleeve shirt ETC.
A pair of scissors
Plus a pair of safety shorts in case the tank top is sheer


Step 1:
Draw an imaginary line across your tank top / teeshirt where the straps or sleeves ends
(meaning under the armpit area)


Step 2:
Cut along that line



Step 3:
Your tank top or teeshirt should be detached from the sleeves or straps


If you hate these jagged lines from the cutting, you can always sew it but I usually don't bother.
I'll just FOLD IT inwards about an inch and just wear the skirt as if the jagged part is not there LOL

cause I'm damn lazy and if it requires sewing and all that work, i think i'd rather just buy a pair of bandage skirt, true? :x


See! Without sewing it looks good with folding in the jagged edges too!!! :p


And the best part is that you can control how many inches you fold inwards.
The more you fold the shorter your skirt will be.
So I can wear it as a HIGH WAIST bandage skirt (fold lesser) or a regular length bandage skirt (fold more)! :)


OKAY THE END!
HAHAHAHA EASY OR NOT????? ^^
And like I said, the DIY #2 is not only for tank tops.
I did the DIY #2 on a long sleeve tight fitting leopard print top I bought online (but never wore cause it looked weird on me) and have been wearing it as a skirt for the longest time!!! :D
Guess some of you might have seen it before ^^


HOPE YOU'LL LIKE YOUR NEW BANDAGE SKIRTS! :D

+++

And yes yes I'm aware how naked and ugly my nails are in the tutorial above!!! :(
So after DIY-ing the skirt, I went to paint my nails!
ONE OF THE BEST BEST COSMIC NAIL POLISH COMBINATION EVERRRRR!

I got my nail polish from
and it's cheap and a lot of them are instocks so not much waiting time ^^

So here's what I used (from left to right):
OPI Russian Navy
Nubar G188
SECHE VITE: DRY FAST TOP COAT

This is only with OPI Russian Navy!
The colour by itself is quite chio already, but I think I have really sucky nail painting skills and will never make it as a manicurist hahahahah



AND............NOW I REALISE HOW HARD IT IS FOR HAND MODELS T.T
You know like they have to take pictures of their HANDS ONLY for rings, bracelets, nail polish etc etc
cause today i took like 10000 pictures of my hands and all look so cui and chubby and awkward positioned and veiny omg damn gross :'(

NEW FOUND RESPECT FOR HAND MODELS WITH CHIO HANDS!
For example:

And this is OPI Russian Navy plus Nubar G188!!!!
I love how the flakes from G188 reflect and give off some greenish and some orangey tones under the light at different angles!! Super cosmic-ish!~*+~*+~



This is how the G188 looks like without flash!!! Sorry my 3 year old digital camera cannot capture the true prettiness of it! :(


And of course they have many other selection of nail polish (especially cosmic ones!!!!), so do visit

+++

Just updated some pictures of my new bandage wedges from http://shopxoxo.livejournal.com/
which I mentioned in an older post (http://pxdkitty.blogspot.com/2011/05/wrapped-up.html)
on my tumblr (http://pxdkitty.tumblr.com/)! :D :D




yay pretty shoes!!!!

No comments: