Friday, June 3, 2011

Smoooookin'!

I think my posts these few days will be relevant to girls who are damn giam siap or broke like me hahaha!!!
Today I'm gonna post some pictures of how I make a DIY mask that doesn't cost much cause I've had some girls ask me about what brand of mask I use
and honestly currently I don't trust any brands cause I haven't had one that actually helps my skin before :(

And again I don't trust bloggers or celebrities who endorse for certain brand of masks cause THEIR SKIN FUCKING FLAWLESS FROM THE START! They put mask or not their skin also fucking chio.... so yah -.-
And I've never seen like anyone who has bad skin like mine online so I feel damn helpless cause i got nobody to relate to T.T
(refer to this video: http://youtu.be/kX811BbTCVg see the uneven tones and acne scarrings?)

Or maybe it's not that the masks aren't good but just that my skin is too problematic.
So no matter if i spend $xx on ONE SHEET of mask or literally 50cents on a mask, the effects will STILL be the same.

So I went to look for tutorials on how to DIY masks and honestly I absolutely HATE it when those gurus go like "you only need a few simple ingredients"
and then they only require 3 items for the mask...
BUT ONE OF THE INGREDIENTS IS LIKE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE OR SALICYLIC ACID.... or something cheem of that sort.
like WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET THEM??!!
damn troublesome! so i usually give up no matter how good they rave the damn mask to be :(

So I guess I'm the damn lazy sort, but I'm not rich so I cannot afford expensive and effective stuff that has everything good in a bottle, so here's my own cheapskate version of the green tea mask I've seen a few gurus speak of....
EXCEPT THAT I ONLY USE 2 INGREDIENTS HAHAHAH

First of all, I'm not a friggin guru so I'm going to skip all that "green tea contains anti-oxidants and vitamins A, B, C, D, E, F, G" shit.
cause personally I'm not interested to know all that, i just want to know if it will help my skin, that's all.
But if you really want to know, there's always wikipedia, lol!

Stuff you'll need:
1. A bowl
2. A small spoon
3. A cup
4. Hot water
5. A decent brand of honey (NOT those for your waffles unless your pores are as big as the waffles' dents.. then i really got nothing to say..)
6. Green Tea (I'm using the tea bag kind)
7. Those DIY paper mask thingy (but I guess you can just use your hand to massage it all over your face and lie down if you want)
8. A face towel

Step 1: Get 2 teaspoons of honey and put it in your bowl



Step 2: Use a cup of hot water to make the green tea, AND LET IT COOL DOWN.
Cause apparently you're not supposed to use hot water on honey or it'll lose all it's nutrients... or something.



Step 3: Pour half a cup of green tea into the bowl with the honey
(this depends on how big your bowl / cup is. I'm personally not very particular about the green tea to honey ratio cause I hate thinking about leychey things like that. *yawn* lazy.. Got honey got green tea can already lah!)



Step 4: Mix well



Step 5: Put the DIY mask sheet thingy into the mixture
HAHAHA THE MASK LOOK LIKE IT'S SHOUTING "Noooooooooooooooo~~~~" !!!!





Use your spoon to squish the entire mask in so the entire mask sheet will be soaked with the mixture.



Step 6: Remove the mask and apply it on your face
Be careful cause the mask will DEFINITELY be damn drippy so that's why you need the face towel, to wipe the drippy drippy off when it gets on your neck or hands and stuff.
Please note that there is HONEY in the mask so it will be sticky so don't complain!



DONE!
Put the mask on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly with water!

Here is me with my mask and I'm yes I am aware how stupid this looks but hear me out!!
- The towel on my head claims to be those magic towels that dry your hair super quickly
- The towel around my neck (looks like a baby bib) is meant to collect the drippy water from the mask
- I'm using the spoon to hold the mask in place whenever I feel like it's falling out cause I don't want to lie down and I don't want my hands to get sticky again after I've washed my hands.



and wahlao look at my huge red evil ass pimple :(
(obviously i have many blemishes more under the mask but this one in particular was soooo evil that it managed to peek out of the mask. annoying sia!)



Anyway this is NOT a sure-work mask cause everyone's skin is different,
but for me so far it doesn't worsen my skin but it makes me feel better cause AT LEAST i'm applying a mask
and it doesn't burn my pocket
hahahaha so yep!
I saw a few gurus using green tea and honey (and some other cheem stuff i didn't bother remembering), it's meant for WHITENING and MOISTURIZING or something.. so yep :)

HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HELP YOU GIRLS SAVE SOME $$$

And speaking of a green mask...........
I MISS THIS CARTOON SERIES LOL
I used to love it like mad!

No comments: