Monday, July 25, 2011

SBA2011

The theme of Singapore Blog Awards 2011 (SBA2011) was "History gets social" so we were supposed to dress up as some historical characters
but it's DAMN HARD to think of which other female character to dress up as other than Cleopatra........ which i'd already anticipated for like 999999 other girls to dress up as her as well, but it doesn't matter lah~~~~

so yep I DIY-ed the entire outfit cause I only prepared 1 day before the event so there was no time to buy anything :x

this is an initial sketch of how the outfit would look like


and then when i got home, i decided the tube dress i wanted to use wasn't as suitable..
AND THEN I FOUND THIS DRESS FROM FASHIONHOOKS, YAY! :P





so basically i cut off the turtle neck collar, and then cut a V shape downwards and sewed it up



look at my amateur stitches lol!


and then i found one of these golden drawstring pouches lying around and i destroyed cut it up and sewed it onto the "straps" of my dress



as for the headpiece.. i used one of my old chain belt lying around which i don't wear anymore~~


planning on how to do my eye make up :)


+++++
AND TADAH!
we're at SBA2011 @ Shanghai Dolly ^^




from this angle, you could tell that baby and i sat waaaaaaaaaaaay at the back
partly cause 99% of ALL the bloggers knew each other :(
and WE HAD NO FRIENDS *stab selves*
everyone's like in cliques and all so.............................. yeah -.-
the event was good but
it would've been better if we actually knew anyone there.
ohwell.


at least we had super awesome Pizza by Domino's Pizza and Tiger Crystal! :)





DIY nail extensions from Daiso


Super chio chain bracelet/ring thing from http://chic-obsession.livejournal.com/ !!!!


cake cutting to kickstart the awards ceremony


Domino's Pizza, THE WORLD'S NO. 1! heheheh :)



With Estelle :)
(as for why i am not smiling normally.... I HAVE NO IDEA HOW CLEOPATRA SMILES. SO I POSED FOR THE ENTIRE DAY WITH THE AWKWARDEST SMILE I AM CAPABLE OF, FML)


they had a skit with Abigail in it hahah when the unveiled herself it was damn epic! ^^



MORE FOOD (which we didn't eat cause we were paiseh cause we no connections no friends.)
fml seriously, fml.


I SAW JAYLEY THERE!!! :)
my eyecandy x999999
but seriously quite fucked up that i dressed up. cause i look x9999999999999 even weirder than i would have if i wore my normal clothes.
SIGH.


LOVE THIS PICTURE OF BABY AND I THOUGH :) :)
BABY WE WERE MEANT TO BE LAH!
despite all our make up, we look alright together :p
no idea why i look damn weird with everyone else, but i'm fine when i take pictures with baby hahaha



i totally didn't take pictures of all the other winners cause idk them at all
EXCEPT ERIC :)
heheheh congrats Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






baby looks damn yummy ^^
(can you spot Yong Wei at the back of the picture? LOL)



Baby, Eric and I!!!!!!!! :)
ERIC IS OFFICIALLY THE LAN FA (blue hair) MEI NAN ZI (pretty boy)~~~ ^^

(anyway the stickers on us are votes from some dress up competition! I DIDN'T WIN for female category fyi, a girl who dressed up as Liang Po Po won)
But Eric won for male category ^^


Shepard, Shepard's wife, Marilyn Manson and Cleopatra (wannabes) hehehe :D


oh look, Steven Lim in a RED BOWLER HAT and BLACK RACER BACK TANK TOP claiming he dressed up as Michael Jackson... um.. yah.




All in all SBA2011 was a good event but baby and i were quite LONELY throughout lah~~~~~~~ :(
NOBODY CAME TO TALK TO US LOR, hmph!!!





I super ADOREEEEEEEEEEEE the accessories from Chic-Obsession cause they always have the latest trends in terms of rings and accessories!!!
So do remember to check them out! ^^

9 comments:

hj said...

jiaqi and you wore the same necklace! haha

janet said...

love the little touches (like the golden pouch u cut up) to make a normal-looking dress to fit the theme!

you looked awesome, and no, not out of place at all despite what you think. ^^

next time intro u to more bloggers, then u guys can hang out next year!:D

. said...

Just wanna leave a short comment. My first time leaving a comment on your blog. I've notice your blog through a friend blog? Haha i don't know, i love reading your blog post. :) Do blog more often, maybe about your daily lifestyles. :D

Mint Leong is said...

Ding Dong~

Liang Popo is dropping by! :) I'm Mint, Kyel's bestie since Secondary school.

omg, you spent so much effort making your awesome dress! I love it! :)

Actually I know you since the HK super shopper contest few days back. But I can't recognise you except that you're cleopatra. You have successfully becoming Cleopatra of the day. Wheee*

See ya around babe, next time introduce more bloggers to you 'kay.

MB said...

I love your Cleopatra costume!!! :) I had a great time at the Singapore Blog Awards 2011 too! Come check out my blog sometime, if you haven't already. :)

Cheers,
-MB.
The Moonberry Blog

Mr.Smith said...

I tihnk Martin's makeup is damn awesome actually. wasted Eric's costume was too awesome ! See you next yr !

kitty said...

<3 hehe thank you all for leaving a comment!!! :)

steph said...

hi babe! i think u looked smashing that day! i cant believe u made the dress all by yourself.. gorgeous! anyway, my boy and myself had a long day too so we pretty much kept to ourselves and left earlier :p HAHAHA. love that SBA has introduced me to more bloggers and blogs :)

Anonymous said...

nice blog keep up the good work

i have referral to your blog in this site

reallymeh.com