Saturday, September 17, 2011

Big Big Bun

Hi sweethearts!!! :)
Went to Red Dot Museum (again) today to collect a trial lomo camera for a competition, I'll post more on that in my next posts.

Anyway, I was super effing late so i can't be bothered to blow my hair as i usually do, as in this video: http://youtu.be/3yQSnmjwDu0

So instead, i just blow it straight without a comb and tied it up into a messy BIG bun!!!!
ONLY TAKES LIKE 3 MINUTES IF YOUR HAIR IS DRY LOL!!!!

instead of blowing properly which usually takes me 15minutes cause i'm very anal about my hair shape....... :(

SO YES ANYWAY, MY HAIR TODAY:



big or not??? :)
my hair as DAMN THIN AND SHORT without my (clipped on) extensions so it's very hard to get a nice bun if i just tie it up normally....
SO TODAY I'M GONNA SHOW POST UP MY HAIR TUTORIAL ON HOW TO GET THIS BIG BIG BUN FOR SHORT (SHOULDER LENGTH) AND THIN HAIR!!! :)

if you have thick long hair (so unfair!!!), chances are that your hair is already capable of this so you can choose to ignore my tutorial unless you like your head looking super ultra mega big like mojojojo's brain kind ehehe ^^



Things you'll need:

#1: A FEW BOBBY PINS



#2: RUBBER BANDS



#3: FINE TOOTHED COMB



#4: HAIRSPRAY



STEP 1:
Blow your hair dry (doesn't matter if it's damn straight and shapeless), and tie it up in a high pony tail.



STEP 2:
Using the fine toothed comb, tease and backcomb your pony tail till it's super messy and have tons of air space in between them!
(Pony tail may still look extremely ugly at this point, especially if you have rebonded hair ends like me)



Pouffy pony tail!!! Getting there :)



STEP 3:
Gently twirl that entire CHUNK of messy hair around the rubber band like you would for a normal hair bun. Do it GENTLY so you won't flatten the backcombing.



For my short hair length it only took 1 round of twirling so it may take more rounds for you if your hair is longer.



STEP 4:
Secure your bun in place with a few bobby pins.
It only took 3 bobby pins for me cause the teasing will tangle (don't worry conditioner can untangle it) some of your hair up and you need less pins to hold your hair in place :)





STEP 5 (Optional):
Hairspray your hair to make sure it stays in shape! :)
Also, to mess it up a little you can pull out a few loose strands for the messy look! ^^



AND YOU'RE DONE!!!! :D :D :D

SO EASY RIGHT OMG!!!!
HEHEHEHE

even with short and thin hair i can have a big pouffy hair bun! yay! ^^















One last picture of my big hair bun!



Okay bye!!!! ;)



I hope this works for you all as well!!! :)

LOVE U ALL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dear, mind sharing where you got your pink keyboard cover and how much did it cost please? hehe. also does it fit macbook pro 13inch? :) thanks in advance! <3 OH AND NICE ODANGO YOU HAVE THERE! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachell!
I love your necklace! Little razorblades right? May I know where you got them please? =)
Thank you so much dear and I love your hair bun tutorial, I have thin and short hair too =(