Friday, October 14, 2011

The Kitty with a Sardine Cam

+++++POST #4+++++
The Kitty with a Sardine Cam: The Closure!

Before you start reading this post,
CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE CLIP!! :)
All pictures taken with the La Sardina!!!!! ^^
It's actually based on a quote I saw when I was 14. And back then, I didn't really understand what it meant, but right now, being together with my awesomest boyfriend ever, I really do :')

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Just as the pictures taken with the La Sardina, a lomographic camera. As we are unable to control every single detail that appears on the pictures, sometimes they don't turn out as we intended for it to be. But Love for your camera as well as your spontaneous pictures will be the reason that makes you see your imperfect pictures perfectly.




So please remember to help me click on the Like button if you like my post and would like to vote for me!! ^^
Else I will have to return back my La Sardina to the organizers and I won't be able to take such pictures anymore :'(



FEAST YOUR EYES!!!! :D :D
I'm usually not much of a photographer but the La Sardina really makes it SO EASY to take artistic photos!!!!!

Check out the WATER DROPLETS!!!!
How many million times I've tried to take shots like this with a digital camera but it always failed..
LOMO CAM FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!





I was so amused by the water glistening in the gorgeous sunlight i couldn't help but to use the MX (multi exposure) mode!
I TOTALLY LOOK LIKE I WAS DRINKING FROM A WATER COOLER
NAISE!



Some attempts at self-taken outfit shots~~~

Like my outfit? ^^








I love how vivid the colors were captured on this toy camera!!!!!
How ironic that it's a toy camera and it helps me take better shots than I ever did using a professional camera :p
PLUS, SERIOUSLY NO PHOTOSHOP NEEDED.
Best for people like me with no photoshop on my comp WOO!!!!!





And then I had this sudden urge to take pictures of me pretending to catch the sun..



and cause i think it'd turn out pretty, i took one with the MX mode too!
I WAS RIGHT! it's so pretty i am in love with this shot!!!! :D





In lower light areas I always try to use the Bulb mode and hold onto the shutter to capture maximum light :)
It may end up blurry but hey, LOMO CAMERAS ARE MEANT TO BE SPONTANEOUS AND FUN!!!
The blurry effects actually look even better than if it were perfectly focused!!! ^^







MX with scenery~~



Tourist-y shots at the roof top! :D



I love how that little blue building stands out among all the other cream and brown buildings.
Wish we had more brightly colored buildings in Singapore that'd be so cute!!! ^^









I LOVE TAKING PICTURES OF CEREALS LOL!!!! :P
This was taken with flash + pink filter cap ^^


MX again! :D
I LOVE MX IF YOU CAN'T ALREADY TELL! LOL~~








Took 3 shots all together using MX!!!!
HAHAHA you won't be able to make out what each shot is exactly but I really like the colour spectrum! tooooo pretty!!!





One of those short rain shelter extension thingy of a shop, a rare one that i can actually look above :p
else i'm usually always tipping toe trying to make out what it says LOL



One more of sun-grabbing + MX shots! ^^
YOU GUYS SHOULD TRY IT MAN!!!!





And finally, this was an accidental shot cause i forgot to wind the film fully before snapping i think.
But as you can tell, IT STILL LOOKS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!
This is definitely the epitome of "DON'T THINK, JUST SHOOT", a motto used by lomographers!
In this case, even if you haven't winded your film properly, just shoot! hahaha

Well, from another perspective, this shot also looks like a back cover of a story book, a closure to my journey with my La Sardina camera :(
Cause I will have to return it to the contest organizers soon!!!! T.T
TOTALLY CAN'T BEAR TO PART WITH IT :'( Though the time was short, we had so many memories together~~~
(scroll down to see all the past posts!!!)

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME KEEP HER!!! ^^
By Liking this blog post and sharing it with your friends!!!
PLUS, IF I WIN, I GET TO CHOOSE 10 READERS TO WIN VOUCHERS WORTH 10USD EACH, WHICH YOU CAN USE TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM LOMOGRAPHY, which is where my La Sardina camera is from!!! :) :)




So please help me out you guys!!!!
LOVE YOU ALL EVER SO MUCH!!!! :) :)
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND~~

+++++POST #3+++++
The Kitty with a Sardine Cam: Finally, some results!

If you haven't already done so previously, please help me Like this post!!! ^^



PLUS, IF I WIN, I GET TO CHOOSE 10 READERS TO WIN VOUCHERS WORTH 10USD EACH, WHICH YOU CAN USE TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM LOMOGRAPHY!!! :) :)

Check out some of the pictures I took outdoors!!! :D
Lomographic cameras produce the BEST results in the sunlight in my opinion!
These were all random shots like no skills involved!!!
HOW FUN IS THAT!!! :D
you just shoot shoot and shoot randomly, and wait for the surprise when you finally develop the films ^^









I also tried switching my La Sardina to MX mode, which is Multi Exposure mode so you don't have to wind the film before shooting the next shot! :) This way, your two pictures kind of overlap, creating some really cool results as such!!!! ^^
NICE RIGHT???
NO PHOTOSHOP NEEDED WOOHOO!!!



And even if your lomographic cameras don't come along with flash, simply switch it to B (bulb) mode! This way, the camera shutter will remain open as long as you hold onto the button! So it will capture all the light around you even in dimly lighted areas :)

(this was with multi exposure)


See how well the La Sardina captures the glow of these lanterns though it was so dark around us!! :)
I LOVE THEM!!!





But of course, taking pictures with flash (this was with the pink filter) would produce more vivid results but there are always times when you forget to bring the external flash and all.
But I think the pictures look awesome all the same!!! ^^
Cause each has its own uniqueness~


Will be trying out a new roll of films so watch this space cause I'll update again soon! ^^

+++++POST #2+++++
The Kitty with a Sardine Cam: Screwing up

If you haven't already done so previously, please help me Like this post!!! ^^



PLUS, IF I WIN, I GET TO CHOOSE 10 READERS TO WIN VOUCHERS WORTH 10USD EACH, WHICH YOU CAN USE TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM LOMOGRAPHY!!! :) :)

If you guys followed my twitter, you should have heard about me messing up my first roll of films :(
Probably cause of overexcitement...!!! hhahaha It happens!





So I went to buy new films from a photo shop and ASKED THE WOMAN FIX THE FILMS IN FOR ME LOL!!!!
SMART RIGHT!!!!! :P
This is what I would suggest for new lomo cam users to do too if you're unsure of how to load the films! :)



+++++POST #1+++++

Recently I joined a Loblography Singapore Challenge by LOMOGRAPHY!

Basically, I get to test shoot with this FRESHHHHH La Sardina camera and I will share it with you all on this blog post!!! :)
And it's a contest based on Likes, Comments and Sharing via Facebook, so I'd be really really thankful if you all could help me Like this post!!! ^^



PLUS, IF I WIN, I GET TO CHOOSE 10 READERS TO WIN VOUCHERS WORTH 10USD EACH, WHICH CAN BE USED TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM LOMOGRAPHY!!! :) :)

Without a due, I present you........
The Kitty with a Sardine Cam: First Encounter
Seeing the world through a Sardine Cam



Unboxing the La Sardina has got to be ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING events in my life!!!!
HAHAHA i know i sound like a total douche, but I AM NOT THE LEAST EXAGGERATING! ^^

If you're interested in getting one of this gorgeous La Sardina cameras, LOMOGRAPHY is the most incredible online analogue shop in the world with the widest selection of Lomographic and analogue products anywhere!!











And my camera came from LOMOGRAPHY so intricately packed, so perfect and flawless, and as much as it looked like a sardine can, i couldn't bear to use the hand opener on it!!!

So I used my hands! :p

(check out my extreme dorkiness snapping shots of every single step of myself unboxing it LOL)







By the looks of it, the camera seems to already be promising a huuuuge tub, not can, of awesomeness!!!!
EXCITED!!!!



OOOOOH AND WHAT'S THIS PRETTY SPECTRUM OF COLOURS DOING IN THE BOX??? :O



The camera alone is tumblr-worthy, what more the pictures it is going to capture! ^^





It comes with a manual, a book full of colorful pictures and tips on how to capture the best pictures with this chio camera etc!!!





YES, BEHIND THIS SHEET OF SARDINE CAN PRINTS IS THE MANUAL!
CUTE OR WHAT!! :D







The guidebook!
I shall have much to learn from it for the next 3 weeks of the competition! :) :)








EVEN THE LENS CAP IS ADORABLE!!!!
One reason why I love lomographic cameras more than digital cameras is cause of the fun factor that comes along with it!
Even its exterior is filled with colors, details and quirky words and prints!
Some of the lomographic cameras I have are Holgas, Fisheyes and Ikimono to name a few!!! :p

Hopefully I'll win this competition so that I'll get to add the La Sardina or LC-A+ to my collection, else I'll be returning it to the organizers :'(
Can't bear to part with you already, gorgeous!!!















This is where you put in the a battery for the flash! :)



Viewfinder!!!





Different settings for the camera flash depending on how close or far your object is!



The flash is so easy to fix in and remove~~~
I love idiot-proof stuff cause I'm not really good at fixing stuff together hehehe!





And in case you didn't know, YES, this runs on regular 35mm film!!! ^^
IT PRODUCES THE COOLEST PICTURES EVER!!!!
You'll find out in my next few posts! :)







Remember that colorful plastic caps I posted above?
It's actually for the flash!
So you'll get pink tinted, yellow tinted, blue tinted pictures when you change the color of the cover!! :D GENIUS OR WHAT!!! NO PHOTOSHOP NEEDED!





The best part of film cameras is that you can't see what you've just shot, UNTIL YOU DEVELOP THE PICTURES when you're done with the entire roll of film!!!! :)
The whole element of surprise and excitement is what captures the hearts of many lomographic lovers, including me!!!!

So please remember to help me click on the Like button below if you want to see the pictures I'm going to take with this super cool camera in my NEXT FEW POSTS!!! ^^



And a HUGE thank you to LOMOGRAPHY for letting me take part in this competition!!
Super stoked to try out my La Sardina right now!!! :D

49 comments:

Jerene Tham said...

Good luck babe!! <3

Anonymous said...

How did you get about joining this competition? Did you read about it somewhere or the organizers contacted you? :) Thank you!

Boobert said...

congratulations on ur new La Sardina!
Christmas came early for you! haha...
Enjoy!

poppy said...

random question, do you know how small your waistline is?? i was looking through your tumblr and your waistline is really very small! have you ever measured before?

Fate said...

Jiayou jiayou jiayou!! ^_^

kitty said...

@Jerene: Thank you dear!! <3 <3 Hope I'll win it too I'm quite scared I won't :(

@Anon: Hey sweets, yep I received an invitation email to join! :D :D

@Boobert: Hehe not quite yet! Unless I get to win it else I gotta return it :(

@poppy: Hm.. I'm not sure probably a standard UK6! I suck in my tummy when I take pictures so that doesn't count haha!!

Kellyb said...

Hi babe!

Let's hope you will win and then we will have lot's of pretty pretty pictures as blog posts in the futureee. WEEEE. All the best!!!

Xoxo.

kitty said...

@Fate: Omg thank you babe!!!! <3 :')

kitty said...

@Kellyb: LOVE YOU SO MUCH <3 <3 I hope so too!!! Would really love to get to keep it! The La Sardina takes so much nicer pictures than my digital camera ever did ehehe ^^

♥ speishi said...

Gogo bbg go!!!! ~~~ (๑✧◡✧๑) GANBATTE NEH!

Wanderlust said...

good luck ;)

Vindoll said...

Goodluck babe, hope you win!! <3 ;-)

K▲ΨL|☊ △L∈★|▽ said...

Good luck! ^.^ Fighting!!

MichelleAKJ said...

All the best!! <33

S said...

Hello, I liked the button already! Now commenting here to help! Hope you win! :)

shi yen said...

goodluck for your competition! really hope you would win!!!<3 hwaiting!(korean word for fighting!:D)

Leora said...

Hello Rachell! ☺ All the best and I sincerely hope you will win this. Wait, I believe you'll DEFINITELY win this because you're a blessed girl with all the girls' support ♡

sharmine said...

Hi, you have some gorgeous pictures here :3 my favorite one is the cereal one hehe. Good luck! :D

sharmine said...

Http://pxdkitty.blogspot.com/
Http://pxdkitty.blogspot.com/
Http://pxdkitty.blogspot.com/
Http://pxdkitty.blogspot.com/
Http://pxdkitty.blogspot.com/
The best blog ever :D

Anonymous said...

your video w Martin super sweet, haha fighting! ^^

Kimberly said...

I love your blog and the pictures a lot! Especially the video, it's wonderfully done. You're awesome! <3

Jellydinosaurs said...

Omg the effects so cool!!!! Hope you win!!!! I want a share of that voucher lol :D all the best!!!!

Jwlh said...

good luck! hope you win ^^

Amanda Poh said...

Hello!! :D

You HAVE TO win this because the cam deserves its rightful owner and its none other than you pxdkitty? Hehe. I sincerely hope you win and GOODLUCK+TONS OF JIAYOU, LOVE AND KISSES SENT<3

and best part? You even bother to cheer your readers up! Thankyou so much! ;)

sweetstar-xx said...

All the best! I hope you win~ and share more nice pictures like these with us *hinthint* ^^

JingenW said...

Goodluck babe!!! :) Hope you'll win, xo! <3 \(^-^)/

Susiaosiao said...

you should win cause i dont think anyone would upload the pictures taken by the cam as often as you. :)

All the best babe!!!! Good luck! ^^

KATAMZ said...

I hope you win!!! Then we all can have la sardine picture spam heh <3 <3

Kumiko Wong said...

Jiayous and Goodluck!!!! JIAYOUS!!!!

Ee Pheng (: said...

I sincerely hope that you will win and take nice photos! :)

Good luck Rachell! (:

Anonymous said...

JYJYJYJYJYJY ^^
Hope you'll win! ><

C,

Celest said...

GoodLuck rachell! Everyone is supporting you! Hope you'll win! ^^

Kiyomi Lim said...

Waaaaaaaaa~ awesome! I SARPORK you qin ai de ~

Michelle said...

You're a great girl! Best of luck to you for the competition! Hope you'll be able to keep the cam:) Xxx

♥ Amanda Misaki S. said...

Omg good luck honey! <3

J said...

Jiayou! :D

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK BABE!!! <3 ^^

HannahPandora said...

Hey babe I really hope that u get to keep the Lomo!! I totally love love love ur pictures!!! They turned out to be so awesome!! Plus, NO PHOTOSHOP! Wad could be better than that?? Hahah. Hey organizers!! Let Rachell win this yo!!! She more than deserves to keep the camera!!!! Weee~ All the best!!!!! ^^,

poppy said...

haha hi, i thought i need to post a more relevant comment just in case the first one doesn't count. anyway, i hope you win! :)

Ivy lim said...

BABE! I can't find the 'like' leh! Is it cause I'm using phone to see? Sorry I couldn't like it. But when i saw your tweets that comments count too, I quickly comment! Soooooo...


GOODLUCK BABE!

I hope u win! <3

Nicolene said...

Goodluck in winning!!! Win and then take lots of pretty photos and then you can update your blog more!!! :D

Cynthia Luvs said...

Good luck babe! Confirm win! ♥♥♥ Jiayou ! :D

Glendashley said...

It's amazing(:
<3 You have all my support!
Do you know where i can get my hands on one(:?

Anonymous said...

good luck babe, you will win :)

Je Vous Aime said...

Good luckkkkk :) You're so awesome, confirm will win de.

Anonymous said...

the short rain shelter you mentioned is actually called "retractable awnings", haha.

Ying Ying said...

Ohmygosh i love the video! Good job!
The pictures are all so pretty!
I really hope you will win this! ^^
GOOD LUCK! :)

Erick said...

Beautiful shots! Just like you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey where did you get that leopard cross top? It's so pretty! Thanks a lot :)