Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bedroom Woes

Hi cupcakes!!
hahah sorry for the misleading post title, this isn't about sex :p

Those who've been following my blog for quite some time should know that I'm extremely proud of my pink room walls





And I have been exploiting it for my pictures for the longest time....















Okay.... you get my drift!

But all along everything was going fine cause my hair was either black or dark brown...
UNTIL THIS HAPPENED!
I became Ang Mo (red hair) Tan (my surname)!
(ang mo tan = rambutan in Hokkien, a type of fruit)


Everything was awesome, my hair looks super pretty in pictures, credit to Essensuals Bugis and all until.......

I took pictures with my pink walls O.O

Major color clash between my hair and pink walls.
sigh!!!!!
Cause I'm intending to stick with this color for quite some time so I can't just live like this!!!
I NEED my wall shots T.T

(by the way, this gorgeous sheer red blazer is from http://dirtybling.livejournal.com/, which is having MEGA CLEARANCE SALES NOW!!!)


So I'm taking pictures against my black cupboard for the time being... T.T
Not that I'm superbly upset (okay maybe a bit) but it's just not as exciting as my pink walls.. and it's damn inconvenient to clear off the embarrassing clothes i hang on my cupboard handles (sometimes i get lazy to hang it inside) just to take pictures, lol!

(this gorgeous sheer red blazer is from http://dirtybling.livejournal.com/, which is having MEGA CLEARANCE SALES NOW!!!)


So i'm going to REPAINT my wall colors!!!!!! D:
Quite a big deal for me cause the pink walls have stuck with me for 3 to 4 years now :'(
BYE PINK WALLS~~~~

(pictures credit to google)

So I went to google for some inspirations for my new bedroom color and I really cannot get over how pretty pink walls are.
I mean almost every shade of pink has its own character.

It can look super sexy and loud like some motel hahaha



Or it can look super sweet and girlish like a barbie dream house


BUT...... MY RED HAIR :(
I'm so upset.
I love my red hair and I love my pink walls but now....
I HAVE TO GIVE UP ONE OF IT.
And obviously I'll give up my pink walls hahaha cause I ADORE my red hair that hairstylist Wayne from Essensuals Bugis painstakingly dyed for me ^^

Moving on!

New wall color inspirations... where else to look other than tumblr? HAHAHA
Tumblr has the prettiest and most UNREAL rooms!
Like wf how can someone's rooms be so pretty!
So if you need inspirations on how to revamp your room, definitely go to tumblr :)

Should I get one of those dark cosy rooms with christmas lights for that slackish feel where i'd love to hangout in my own room and it wouldn't matter if the pictures i paste all over my room are unglam and amusing..



Or should it be of a girlish vibe and full of sunshine and pastel pink with a pink fur carpet on the floor...



or be the cutesy vintage loving girl with plain cream walls with tons of intricately designed and floral patterns stuff..



or save the money on repainting my walls and paste them all over with pictures that inspire me or pictures with my loved ones cause it looks awesome with orangey-yellow night light...



or stick to something modern, matured, classy and simple and admit the fact that i am already 21 and need to grow the eff up and stop having act cute pink rooms LOL...



or have floral printed wallpapers to have that totally vintage and matured vibe like i'm some extremely sentimental person who speaks really slowly and will actually spend time meditating about life and have high tea at fancy hotels...



GAWD, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WANT :(
Sooooo hard to decide!

I've always had a liking towards large windows in bedrooms but sadly my room isn't like that...



In fact, the window in my room is tiny beyond words and I don't even bother opening it in the morning to take in a breath of fresh air and hear the birds sing or whatever cause I suspect that there's some ginormous beetle nest at my window grills. Grossssss.

BEDROOM, Y U NO LIKE THE ONES ON TUMBLR????

Okay, I shall go vex over what room color I should change to now cause it clashes with my hair color LOL #firstworldproblems

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! just some suggestions. (:
I wouldn't encourage you to get too complicated designs, cos it might sometimes clash w the clothes you'll be wearing! esp florish kind. so plain would be great. :D
hope you will be able to decide on this asap so that mre awesome photos are coming up! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey!! :)
Your first dress w the pink wall is gorgeous!
Where did you get it from? :)

Anonymous said...

Okay I know this will kind of sound weird.. but you can get a bathroom curtain pole and install it on your pink wall. With it, you can attach a curtain to have your photoshoot and remove it when you're done. And you can even get a pink bathroom curtain pole if you want xD plus you can have any colour background you want in the future for your photoshoot (:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe!Where did you get that nude knit top? really nice!

Joreen said...

Hi rachell, where do you get your leopard print bag in this post? im so interested in it.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Where you get the vintage bag with stud on it? It's nice :)

Anonymous said...

You look really good with red hair!!

Cheryl said...

DONT. REMOVE. THE. PINK. WALLS! ;AAAA; its like your signature background man! Like, even with your back faced, as long as I see those pink walls, I'd know its Rachell pxdkitty!