Sunday, July 29, 2012

Essensuals Bugis #8

If you're an avid fan of Korean dramas, you'll know that every time (and I mean EVERY single time) a tragedy or a turning point happens for the main cast,
they (especially the girls) will change their hairstyles drastically.

And usually the change would be from some disheveled looking mess (when the protagonist is a nice and kind character but gets bullied by evil people)
into a sleek crop hair or some classy bangs with curls (when the protagonist is still kind, but grew stronger and smarter).

Some examples of Korean dramas I've watched that have this same trend would be Rooftop Prince, Here Comes Ajumma etc etc.
(actually i don't watch a lot of Korean dramas but I'm just pretending to know a lot hahah)


So anyway, to get to the main point, I received some not so good news recently! :(
I'm not suppose to say what it is though, but it's bad news to me.
It kind of bothered me for DAYSSSS..
And then buckets of tears and spams of emo tweets later later, some changes needed to happen in my life!

It was an awful time, but it's true what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
I don't know how many of you will notice the changes, but I'm hoping you guys will grow to like it! :)

So along with these changes... comes a new hair color & hair cut for me by Essensuals Bugis!



Read all about my previous experiences with them here:
http://pxdkitty.blogspot.com/search/label/essensualsbugis

Essensuals Bugis
241-A Victoria Street
Bugis Village (above Burger King)
S'pore 188030
tel: 63330039

Join them on Facebook for all their latest updates, promotions etc!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000885576820

You can also ASK QUESTIONS about hair treatments, prices, promotions etc on their Formspring:
http://www.formspring.me/essensuals
Feel free to post your enquiries there cause they are extremely efficient in answering your doubts!

Mention you're a reader of RACHELL'S BLOG (when you are paying) for SPECIAL DISCOUNTS on ala carte services!


When I first broke the news that I needed to dye my hair dark to Wayne, my hair stylist, he could totally feel my pain!!
It's really not easy to bleach your hair countless of times from dark brown to bright red, to ash blonde, through hours and hours of agony,
sacrificing so much hair in the process and getting painful blisters on your scalp..
only to dye it back to a dark color :(


And Wayne was also feeling sad because he spent hours helping me bleach, re-bleach and re-bleach my hair and then now it's all gone T~T

I love Wayne because he totally gets what I want for my hair, delivers it and the best part is he understands how I feel about my hair!
Not many hair stylists will treat you sincerely at such a personal level like Wayne does, so I really appreciate it.

You can request for Wayne when you book an appointment with them :)

Goodbye my blonde hair, I will miss you!!!!!!


Byebye black roots too! But I won't be missing you as much :p


Now to wait for Wayne to perform his magic! :)


So for this trip to Essensuals Bugis, I:
1) dyed dark brown (it looked extremely dark in the end, close to black, cause my base hair was blonde)
2) did hair treatment
3) cut my fringe a little

p.s. when I got home, I regretted not asking Wayne to cut my fringe shorter so I had itchy fingers and snipped a bit more off myself lol! but I'd highly advise you to get a professional to cut it for you in case you screw up :x

I always love how my hair feels after Essensuals Bugis' treatments!
They have several different types (some for dry hair, some for oily hair, some for hair damaged by chemicals etc) so please ask them to find out which one is best for your hair! :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's because I looked weird or looked like an alien for the longest time with my blonde hair (but I really loved it!!!!)
but the moment I switched back to dark colored hair, I received a lot of "I prefer you with dark hair" comments!

p.s. my hair was made intentionally messy cause I was too lazy to style it properly hahah!



So kudos to Wayne because all credit goes to him for making all my hairstyles look good!!! :')

And the only thing that makes me less upset from my loss of blondness is that Wayne helped keep my hair as healthy and smooth and pretty as possible, despite all the chemicals it has been through :D


Thank you so much as usual, Wayne, for all the magic you've done to my hair!


More camwhore shots!
I have to smile more in my pictures now because I can no longer act cool without my blonde hair HAHAHA I feel so smiley, tskkk!




If you like my current or any of my previous hairstyles (Essensuals Bugis is capable of a lot of styles),
make an appointment with them today! :)

Essensuals Bugis
241-A Victoria Street
Bugis Village (above Burger King)
S'pore 188030
tel: 63330039

Mention you're a reader of RACHELL'S BLOG (when you are paying) for SPECIAL DISCOUNTS on ala carte services!


Some days I still wake up looking into the mirror wondering where my blonde hair went hahah!

I'm honestly not used to this black hair YET, but I guess I'll have to make the best out of whatever comes my way :)

Happy girl must be happy, LOL!


Thank you for reading, love you all :)

5 comments:

あいか♡ said...

i think dark hair suits you! ww//
you look adorable ! ehe//

Anonymous said...

i'd rather u don't suffer!
back to dark hair pls, no more bleaching.
if u're bored, u can play with different hairstyling or cuts.

Anonymous said...

No, u didn't look like an alien or anything with blonde hair. It's just that, with fair skin, dark hair will make u look more striking. And ur facial features will stand out more.

Anonymous said...

I think you look better with dark hair =)

sara said...

Hi omg I love your lashes! :> Are they falsies or extensions??