Friday, August 17, 2012

Cathay Cineleisure Orchard - Girl In Progress

"I miss being a kid. Scraped knees are easier to fix than a broken heart."

Growing up is never easy for anybody.

Thinking back, although I honestly think I was quite an alright kid after all, I still had my mini rebellious stage (really mini!) when I was A LOT younger...


Stuff like leaving home, lying to my mum about studying but going to places I shouldn't be at, quarreling with and neglecting my family, secretly dating boys (who broke my heart countless times in the end) whom my parents would never approve of..

I do regret those actions but I guess they forced me to wise up eventually
cause I ended up hurt physically and emotionally by those choices I made and learnt a whole lot from them - the hard way.

It was only when I snapped out of that age that I realised the importance of family, and how my family has always been there for me in good times and bad.

While love / friends may come and go, blood ties are forever.


Speaking of which, a new movie, all about the difficulties of growing up, called Girl In Progress is coming up really soon in cinemas!


Movie Synopsis
Grace is a single mom who is too busy juggling work, bills, and (having an affair with) the very married Dr. Hartford.
As a result, she has no time to give her teenage daughter, Ansiedad, the attention she desperately needs.


When Ansiedad's English teacher, Ms. Armstrong, introduces her students to classic coming-of-age stories, Ansiedad is inspired to skip adolescence and jump-start her life without mom.
While Grace becomes preoccupied with the increasing affections of her co-worker, Ansiedad enlists the help of her loyal friend, Tavita, to plot her shortcut to "adulthood".


But as her misguided plan unravels, Ansiedad and Grace must learn that sometimes growing-up means acting your age...

Watch the trailer for Girl In Progress now! :)





I feel like this movie is going to be highly relatable to many of us and will be worth watching, especially those who are currently going through some challenges with teenage life.

Whatever family background we come from, I think there is definitely a little bit of Ansiedad in everyone of us when we are (or were) growing up
because that is when we are most impressionable and vulnerable in many ways, and therefore need our family's support the most.

So do remember to catch Girl In Progress in cinemas and watch how their story unfolds!


Giveaway

Also, Cathay Cineleisure Orchard is giving out 3 PAIRS OF MOVIE TICKETS to the preview screening of Girl In Progress on Tue 21st Aug
to the FIRST 3 of my blog readers who send in their correct answers to contest@cathay.com.sg to this question:

What is the name of the doctor Grace dates in the movie, Girl In Progress?

**Participants MUST send in their entries in the following format

Subject: Cathay Cineleisure Orchard Contest – Girl In Progress – Rachell
FULL NAME (as in NRIC):
NRIC/FIN:
MOBILE NUMBER:
EMAIL ADDRESS:
Question: What is the name of the doctor Grace dates in the movie, Girl In Progress?
Answer:


*Only the first 3 winners will be notified through email by Cathay Cineleisure Orchard.
*Incomplete entries will not qualify for the contest.

I will be going for the movie preview of Girl In Progress too! Super stoked for it!! :)

Remember, fastest fingers first!

Good luck and I love you all! :)

No comments: