Friday, December 28, 2012

Under the Sea

Peek a boo!
Guess where was I? :D

If you've been following my Twitter or Instagram,
I was at Resorts World Singapore's Hotel Michael with my family for my elder sister's birthday for a couple of days!! :)

Ahhh~ Getting all comfy on the hotel's bed!



Woke up really early the next morning to check out the RWS Ocean Suite my family (plus extended family) booked just for my sister's birthday!!! :D
I love my sister's birthday celebrations every year because it's always the coolest
and it's in December when everyone's less busy,
which means we can all have a family gathering as well! :)


Martin and I's very own Korean drama scene where the guy pulls the girl's hand by force and drags here somewhere lol
*feel free to fill in the blank with some Korean words here hahah*


Hello, you pull me go where?

TADAH!
This is the first level of the Ocean Suite!
It's a hotel room and you can see fishes in the huuuge tank from the RWS's S.E.A Aquarium :D  
There are two levels to the room and it's superrrr pretty!
But also very pricey and should be meant for very very special occasions I think!! :)
So we only booked the room for one day and shared among a lot of us but it was more than good enough!
We were fascinated by the fishes swimming by our window for HOURS hahah!
I think the tank adds on an extremely calming and magical vibe to the entire room and it looks gorgeous in pictures
but it's even more so in real life!
If you're interested in booking the Ocean Suite for a very very special date,
you can check out the rates and available dates here:




There was this super cute school of sting rays that swam together in a special formation all around the tank
and the way they moved their flaps (those wing-like things) made them look like migratory birds!
Damn cool!! :D


Sadly there weren't any dolphins in the tank :(
but the variety of sting rays alone were really entertaining already!!
I took a lot more photos of the different types of fishes (like a gigantic luo han, grouper etc) but I wasn't sure if you guys would get bored of it, so here's just some shots I found interesting hahah!

Stingray looking like it's got a mustache! :p

My happy lil bro with a happy stingray hahah

Not-sure-what-fish-this-is looking extremely pissed and unhappy that Martin is trying to kiss him LOL!!

Prettiest stingray in the tank!
The leopard ray :D :D
So glad that it kept hovering around our window (probably because it's its territory),
allowing us to take some lovely shots of it!


Martin trying to pull the leopard ray to stop it from swimming away lol!

Our couple shot by the beautiful viewing window!! :)
I love the ethereal rainbow effect on the floor caused by the refraction of light, too damn pretty!!!


Our precious birthday girl!!!
Thank you for being born in December so we can have such lovely experiences every year on your birthday, chebs!!! :D
The best elder sister anyone can ever have!!
She's always protecting all of us :') xin ku ni le!!!
When I was in Primary One, my dajie (we were from the same primary school) scolded this classmate of mine in the canteen (like a gangsta~~) cause that classmate bullied me lol!!

And this is the dajie of my family's next generation - my niece (my cousin's daughter)! :)
SHE'S BEYOND ADORABLE!!!
She totally knows how to pose for the camera and knows how to entertain us no matter how tired she is!
And she LOVES looking at her own pictures lol DAMN CUTE xD
She's like a mini-celebrity in our family and everyone can't wait to gain her favour and make her laugh!! :D


Whoops, vain pot alert!

This is the second floor of the Ocean Suite hotel room!
They even have a jacuzzi outside omg!
The place is absolutely and insanely luxurious, so I took as many pictures as possible (I am only posting the nicest few) because I probably will not be able to go there ever again unless I strike 4D or something hahah!
Which will never happen because I never ever buy 4D or TOTO or what not :S




Still regretting cutting my fringe for the Tsubasa lookalike competition because I totally can't work the whole straight bangs look :S
So I guess I'm stuck with pinning my fringe up for the next few..... months?




So blessed with such a sweet and good-looking boyfriend :'D :'D



Sorry I still can't really smile naturally with braces on, but here's my boyfriend looking extremely cute in this picture! ^~^
We were actually sitting on a moving buggy to move from places to places (free service for staying at the Ocean Suite), which explains all the blurry pictures,
and we were facing backwards and I was precariously holding out my camera and camwhoring :S
If my camera had dropped..... that's it.
Thankfully it didn't though heheh! :D



Camera threatening to fall onto the road any time, but here's another blurry camwhore shot of me!

And then we all went to have my sister's birthday dinner at RWS's Osia! :)

Xiao gu, why're you always trying to take my pictures??

AHHHH TOO CUTE! xD
My dajie and I are like those typical obsessive weird aunties that fawn over their niece like mad hahah

Mummy, will I look pretty on camera if I pose like that?

I don't know the names of what we ate because the adults ordered for us to share but everything tasted really good!!! :)
So please enjoy the pictures and feel free to salivate, cause I am salivating right now too b;










*while already holding a flower on her hand*
Can I have another one of that flower?

Hehe please? I will smile for you! *forces a smile*

After dinner, it was time to sing the birthday song for the birthday girl!
And we sang it really loudly on purpose to disturb her so that passers-by would stare at her heheh
The cake was a really yummy banana and caramel cream ice cream cake!
Then once we were done eating it, we went back to the hotel room......
FOR SUPPER LOL! :P




Went to the S.E.A Aquarium the next day!
Please skip this section if you hate fishes, think fishes are boring as eff, can't stand the colour blue etc etc!

It's WAAAAY bigger than our Underwater World and there's a lot more to see so do check this place out some day!
It's quite fun and it's about $29 per adult! :)
Worth it!


Walking on top of a fish tank with huge fishes swimming below us... honestly quite scary :X


So many colourful fishes!!


And we get to touch some of the starfishes and all too!
So fun hahah but the poor starfishes must've felt so violated with so many people touching it everyday :x


Some yummy-looking.... I mean exotic-looking crabs :D


Cute bouncy jelly fishes looking like light bulbs!


Reminds me of poached eggs swirling in a pot of boiling water....


The super large tank!
See the white framed rectangles at the back of the tank?
Those are the Ocean Suites!!
I think the view from the S.E.A Aquarium was waaaay more breath taking than from the hotel room though,
although the Ocean Suites will mean more privacy and more time to camwhore with the fishes that swim by :)


Got to see this majestic black sting ray up close, which we didn't get to see as clearly from our hotel room previously!




Martin looked at this and said "Feels like I'm looking at a seafood restaurant's tank" hahah
My grandmother and all of us were damn typical hahah,
going around the tanks excitedly to see which fishes we recognize because we've eaten it before lol whoops :X


Fierce looking moray eels!
These were HUUUUGE and there were about 10 of them in a tank!
Scary!!


Another one of the largest tanks, with over 200+ sharks in it if I didn't remember wrongly!
Would you like to to go for the swim of your life? :S


If this was Fishing Joy, I'd have easily gained 2k points with 1 laser shot hahah!


Super fun experience and I'd recommend you all to go with your loved ones to the S.E.A Aquarium!!
My post didn't cover everything we saw there because I was too excited running around to even take pictures haha!
But you really have to go see for yourselves to get the full experience of it!

Some of the exquisite souvenirs we saw on our way out! :)

And then we went back to the Hotel Michael and my sis, boyfriend and I went to make full use of their free gym service yay! :D

This has been my (and also my family's) most fruitful and exciting trip to RWS so far and I'm super grateful for it!!! :)
Being with my family & boyfriend (who's almost like family already) always makes me so happy!! :D

Thank you all for reading this long post, love you all!



No comments: