Monday, February 18, 2013

I dreamt that I died

I dreamt that I died.

I was in a dimly-lit factory, with a whole bunch of other people queuing in alphabetical order.
Probably all our time was up or something, idk.

(images credit to google)
I honestly feel quite creeped out just looking at these now.. but I shall try to finish blogging about this x.x


And how we "died" was by standing around a giant machine, like a SHREDDER,
where you can see and hear the huge blades go like "zzzzzzzwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaawww" :S

Something like this picture I found from google, but the sides of the machine were black, the blades were MUCH larger and the whole place didn't have much sunlight.

We had to hold onto ropes (by batches) surrounding the shredder,
and by batches, together we'd be lowered to our "deaths".
Then new ropes would fall to the sides of the shredder for a new batch to get sliced up.

I remember being the first PERSON of my batch, so I saw the entire last batch fall into the machine before my eyes.
I was super nervous.
I didn't know what to do.
My heart was beating quite fast, but I knew I had to accept it.

Thoughts I had while standing in front of my impending death
"Do I owe anyone anything? Do I have unfinished business? What about my blog? Will people know that I died? I didn't write a will... Is there no way I can live a little longer?"
"Ohwell..."

Then I heard people around me talking.
I guess some of them knew each other prior to this.
One of them said to the other, "eh I will miss you"
And another said, "Don't need to miss, later you'll see each other again in the next world haha"
Then another joked, "Sekali (yes, all Singaporeans) we'll go to another planet and get greeted 'Welcome to xxxx' haha!"

Then I felt better because I wasn't alone.
But I guess I still couldn't shake off the entire fear.

And then it was my batch's turn and we all held onto our ropes.
The machine started to clank and my rope moved above the shredder and began to lower..
One final thought, "I hope this won't hurt"

Then there was a numbing pain as the large blades went through my body as I sank into complete darkness.
I felt my blood turn cold in an instant.
Everything around me was black.
Pure black.

I laid still for a moment, too afraid to move an inch.
What's next?

No one came to pick me up, no one welcomed me to another planet, no new bustling city of the nether world in front of my eyes, no warm blood around me (like if I were to be reincarnated as a baby again?)..

Then slowly I opened my eyes.
Everything was too familiar - I was in my room.

I looked around to see if it was my room in the world of the dead?
Checked if I still had my iPhone (cause technology might be different in the underworld),
everything seems normal.

I guess it was just a dream.
And I'm quite glad to be alive (although the thought of a new life/afterlife and starting over might seem a little exciting hahah).

But now I have to bathe and get started with my day cause I need to go out later omg lol
BACK TO REALITY, BITCH X.X

It's quite a freaky dream and probably made no sense to most of you, but let's just end off this drama-mama post with something motivational? Sort of?
(else my weird ass dream that still gives me the chills now would have been for nothing hahah)

Waking up in the morning seems so normal to most of us that we forget to be thankful for it.
There is no guarantee that we will wake up tomorrow morning as well.
So make every moment count, and live every day like it was your last.

Thank god for waking me up today.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Your dream seems scary but strangely possible for when we really die O.O

Anonymous said...

To dream that you die in your dream symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or your life. You are undergoing a transitional phase and are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Although such a dream may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm as it is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something. If you dream that someone is telling you that you are going die, then it implies that you are being pressured to make an important change or choice. You are about to embark on some new life adventure.

On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation. You are desperately trying to escape from the demands of your daily life.

To see a shredder in your dream indicates that there is something that you are trying to hide or protect. Perhaps you are in denial about something. Also consider the significance of what you are shredding.