Monday, March 11, 2013

Crepes

Really sorry to have not been updating recently :(
As mentioned previously, I'm going to be having quite a number of lessons for the next few.. months or year,
and I won't be able to update my blog as much as before.
But I'll still try~

Anyway, good news is that Martin is back from his overseas deployment! :)

And over the weekend I tried making crepes for the first time for him and it turned out pretty well! :D
Beginner's luck I'd say!

By the way, does anyone know the correct pronunciation for "crepe"?
Some people say it as "creep", some say "crape" (like scrape without the s), and some say it like "crap"
and among all, I find it immensely difficult to call these delicious treats crap hahah!


Anyway, I randomly googled for a recipe and I used the one from this website:

French Crepes Recipe
Serves 12

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
1. Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter.

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

And I used a HappyCall pan (one of my favourite things in the kitchen!!) to fry the crepes because it's super non-stick and it makes the job a whole lot easier!
Cleaning up was super easy too :)

 

I first tried out with a Nutella base and banana slices and they made such delicious dessert crepes!!!
Then again, how can you go wrong with chocolate and banana? xD
It's crispy, chocolately, sweet and kind of healthy (i think?) and I can't get enough of it!


Then the next day I decided to make a savory crepe using the same crepe recipe (which is only very very mildly sweet)
with mozzarella cheese and ham slices :)
A few slices of this extremely fun to make and immensely yummy creation and our lunch was settled! :D


Had a tiny bit of batter left and I made a teeny Nutella crepe for Martin as dessert, so cute!! :D



Anyway I haven't been out much recently too.
Still loving the awesome protection of my room, just looking for random things to do at home when I'm not at my lessons :D

 

And did I mention how much I love going to the orthodontist?
Everytime I go to Tooth Angels (The Central) I always end up buying something that I really like! :D
Just bought these cute cat ears hairband the other day at a cosplay shop at The Central and it's currently my favourite! :)
And also because everytime I go for braces tightening, I feel like I'm a step closer to removing them!


In a weird way I like it when my braces feel extremely tight and hurt a bit (I sound quite masochistic right now lol), because it means my teeth are moving!

LEFT was my teeth before the most recent tightening,
RIGHT is 2 DAYS after tightening!
I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast the teeth moved!!
I've always disliked how untidy my lower set of teeth looked, especially when I talk to others/ in videos,
so I'm really looking forward to having straight teeth asap~

(sorry for the gross pic)

I'm getting my braces done at Tooth Angels (The Central) for those who are interested,
and if you're getting it there.....
sometimes I go for braces tightening without make up, so please don't judge my bare face ok hahaha

And I can't emphasize enough how much I want to get over and done with this!
If you're young and are not happy with your teeth, please get braces soon because it's a lot more inconvenient to get them when you're older.
I went to the doctor recently (who's significantly older than I am) and the doctor has braces too
and he was telling me about how troublesome it is and we totally had a rant about braces blues lol!

Quite sick of smiling so unnaturally like this already, but I can't smile properly with braces,
so please bear with me!


And by the time you're reading this, I will be filming a new episode for Reelity Bites! :D
I won't be able to blog as much, but the Reelity Bites episodes will still keep coming!
Do support ReelityTV and Follow them on Twitter, Like them on Facebook, and most importantly, please WATCH OUR VIDEOS!!! :D

Also, to thank you guys for your support, ReelityTV is having a MARCH GIVEAWAY for a 32GB iPod Touch at their Facebook page too!!! :)
I ALSO WANT PLEASE~~~


Will update again soon when I can! :)

Love you all,
thank you for reading!

No comments: