Sunday, March 24, 2013

Momiji

Hello! :)


Martin's camp is pretty near Northpoint, so he's kind of familiar with the place.
And the other day he brought me to this buffet place, knowing how much I like buffets, which I thought was really sweet of him :)
The place was alright, I was just not a huge fan of it,
although when I asked, Martin said he could see himself coming back to dine there again~

It's a buffet restaurant and we went on a Saturday so it cost us about $82 in total including GST and what not.

Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant
Northpoint Shopping Centre #03-47/50
Mon - Sun: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tel : 6484 1090

Wore my maroon studded shorts from MyFashionAffair :)
They have a ton of pretty sweet designs up for grabs! :)
They are currently also having a sale, so do check them out:



I was actually most excited for the snow crab legs, just as I'd be with other Japanese buffets,
but I found theirs a tad too salty for my liking.
I'd have preferred it if it had more of the natural sweetness of the crab.



I thought their prawns and scallops were yummy though :)
I took at least 8 servings of those for myself LOL!
Especially the ones without the sauce/gravy (like plain BBQ or steamed), because again the sauces were too saltish for me :(


The ebi fry was one of my favourites for the night too :)
They have an ebi tempura and an ebi fry, I tried both and preferred the ebi fry cause the batter was a lot nicer!


Not a big fan of the seafood and pork belly soups, cause they tasted like miso soup base
(I personally prefer those milky ramen soup!),
but they did serve pretty good creamy mushroom soup at Momiji :)


If "kani" means crab, and "nabe" means hotpot.....
How do you say "crab hotpot"? :X


Wish they'd served the beef without the gravy :/
I feel so anti-gravy right now hahah
idk.. their gravy was just not my thing that night, sorry!


Their mentai dishes were good though!
Salmon with mentai sauce, prawns with mentai sauce, mentai crayfish, mentai scallops... yummy! b;
Anything with the mentai sauce is pretty darn good I think! :)


Desserts were okay~
Brownie was not bad but I didn't particularly like their bread & butter pudding (I usually love them).
But I must say I'm quite a fussy eater, so I'm quite critical haha so please take my words with a pinch of salt!


See the white and orange jelly on the left?
The white/transparent one is Lychee flavour and I had 2 servings of that :p
My favourite dessert out of the lot heheh!


They have Haagen Dazs ice cream served at a buffet, which I think is a pretty huge deal because it's expensive
but I was quite sad there wasn't plain vanilla flavour :(
Or maybe because it's all out of stock cause it was a Saturday and there were lots of people.


Brownie plus chocolate fondue, super sinful but sooo good! :)


Overall, Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant was alright.
I probably won't go there again because it's quite far for me,
but any types of buffet are always lovely to go to.
Just knowing that you can eat all I want makes me happy hahah!

Will blog again soon with more updates when I'm free!

Thank you for reading, love you all! :)

No comments: