Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thigh Gaps

Hahah omg this is quite frustrating!

Remember when I blogged previously that I gained weight, lost my thigh gap, and then got back my thigh gap after using a method my mum taught me recently?

I lost my thigh gap again cause I stayed home during the haze days and did nothing but eat and sleep lol T~T

So if you currently have no thigh gap, don't feel too upset cause...
We're all in this together!


Not that it's a good thing that we all have no thigh gap lah hahaha but okay at least take comfort that we're not alone okay lol!
So I'll also be doing this method again to try to get my thigh gaps back!

Just a disclaimer that this is NOT a one-off thing okay.
You have to do this religiously every night before you sleep for a period of time (like 2 weeks) to see the effects of it.
And results may vary for different individuals.
The effects won't be a drastic change either, but it's better than nothing to me! :)

So what is the method exactly?

It's called
Gua Sha 刮痧!

My mum told me about it cause she saw some shows about it on tv and she started reading online about it.
Of course, they didn't use it for weight loss or dieting purposes but more for general health :X

Gua sha (Chinese: 刮痧; pinyin: guā shā), literally "Scrape Sand" in Chinese (more loosely, "to scrape away disease by allowing the disease to escape as sandy-looking objects through the skin"), is a form of folk medicine.
Sometimes referred to as "spooning" or "coining" by English speakers, it has also been given the descriptive French name, tribo-effleurage.[1]
The Vietnamese term for this practice is cạo gió. This term translates roughly "to scrape wind", as in Vietnamese culture "catching a cold" or fever is often referred to as trúng gió, "to catch wind".

Gua sha involves repeated pressured strokes over lubricated skin with a smooth edge.
Commonly a ceramic Chinese soup spoon was used, or a well worn coin, even honed animal bones, water buffalo horn, or jade.
A simple metal cap with a rounded edge is commonly used.
In cases of fatigue from heavy work, a piece of ginger root soaked in rice wine is sometimes used to rub down the spine from head to feet.


As you can see, it's used more like for health benefits.
So you can actually introduce your parents to it too cause it'll be good for them :)
My mum helps my dad and sis gua sha when they get tired from work too!

When you google images of gua sha, you might get scared by the reddish marks left on the skin,
but that's actually very normal.
Gua sha is suppose to regulate the "qi" in your body so they kind of use a lot of force when scraping the skin,
and they say that the red marks means that the bad stuff in your body are leaving through your skin.

BUT!
in my case, since I'm not sick or suffering from illness (choychoy), and it's just my fat thighs I'm concerned about,
I don't use a lot of force when I use gua sha on my legs.
I use the amount of strength I'd use for normal massaging,
so there should be NO reddness nor marks left behind.


So in my case, I honestly have no idea how this works and how I managed to get my thigh gaps back with this lah
but I IMAGINE the scraping to be like working out your thighs a bit and breaking up the stubborn fats under your skin to help them dissolve and get out of your body.

What I do is I'll do gua sha on my legs for about 100 times upwards (around the circumference of my legs) on each leg every night before I sleep and then hope for the best the next morning hahah!


And one morning I woke up and realised my thigh gaps came back and was ecstatic!! :D

As written above, you can use
"a ceramic Chinese soup spoon was used, or a well worn coin, even honed animal bones, water buffalo horn, or jade."
I'm using the buffalo horn one I think, and you can get it at Japan Home for A FEW DOLLARS, or you could even try those TCM clinics etc :)
All the Japan Home branches are listed here:

It comes in various shapes and sizes so you can see which fits you more :)
While you're getting one of these for yourselves, get one for your parents too ba!
Can gua sha on their hands or legs when they get muscle aches or fatigue etc! :)

PLEASE READ
I know a lot of young girls these days are very impressionable and might do anything to look like what they see on the Internet, so I must say this!
Do anything you like, but please ah, health first!

Even though I talk about thigh gaps, my original thigh gaps were like LESS THAN 1cm, and only I can see them when I stand up really straight lol!
Mine are NOTHING like the kind you see on those thinspo websites, but I'm alright with them :)

(THIS IS NOT ME. pic credit to google)

See! No obvious thigh gaps.
Only I can see that super small less than 1cm thigh gap of mine when I'm not wearing clothes lah but I'm happy enough hahaha!
By the way, crossing your legs in pictures are a damn good way to give the illusion of skinner legs!! :)


There are girls who try to starve themselves extremely to get thigh gaps
and end up being sent to the hospital and almost losing their lives.
This girl was told she had 2 weeks left to live before she finally stopped with her obsession:

There are many things I'd want to change about my body to look gorgeous too,
but if I have to risk losing my life, I don't think it's worth it ba.
If I die my mum and dad have to cry for me, my boyfriend will lose his girlfriend, other girls get to snatch my boyfriend away, no more nice food for me to eat... NOT WORTH IT.

Like these women have no thigh gaps but still sexy as hell.
Rihanna, Kelly Brook and Cheryl Cole

Also, I chanced upon this on Twitter!
Thigh gaps are dependent on how wide your hips are.
Some people have really wide hips so even with big thighs you still have thigh gaps,
but some people have smaller hips, so even with normal thighs you might not have thigh gaps.
Makes sense! I never realised eh haha!
So instead of being skinny or having nice thigh gaps, I actually have a new goal now!
I want to be toned and fit!!
It's good for my health, and I can eat all I want as long as I work it off!
And hopefully by then my arms and legs won't JIGGLE when I walk, damn gross hahah!
PLUS if any shit happens (zombie apocalypse, get into fights, bump into perverts) I'll be able to run faster or fight back to defend myself!
HAHAH
my boyfriend is supportive of this too :p

When we watch shows together I always tell my boyfriend I get damn annoyed at those female characters who do nothing but scream and cry (and alert the zombies/ ghost/ killer).
Can't be of help sua, still cause trouble.
I don't want to be like that, so I want to start training myself to be stronger!! :D

INSPIRATIONS!!
Super hot please omg!
These girls look like they can kick an average man's ass LOL!

(pictures credit to google)




So I shall stop being nua from now on hahah
A bit hard for a sloth like me lah, but I really want to be someone who can help others when things go wrong!
JIAYOU JIAYOU!
Will update you guys when I start feeling fit! :P

Hope this post helped you girls decide what kind of body image you want for yourself too!
Love you all, thank you for reading! :D