Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Funfetti Cupcakes

Went on some crazy stupid emotion roller coaster today cause everything went wrong.
You know... like one of those days when bad things just come one after another? T~T
Thank you to all the sweet people who told me to cheer up,
I didn't reply anyone though because I don't think I'll be able to think straight and reply people properly when I'm in a foul mood.. sorry about it!! x.x


I was cooped up at home cause it was raining as well, so I ended up baking,
and I can't tell you how therapeutic baking is to me.
It calmed me down so much I feel a lot better now :')

So anyway, I made Funfetti cupcakes with two-toned buttercream rosette frostings!

Funfetti cupcakes are such pretty and happy looking rainbow cupcakes,
they'll make great gifts for friends, to serve at parties, or just to snack on at home! :)
And the best part is it's so quick to make!
Buttercream rosettes are a fuss-free and easy way to make any plain cupcake look more exciting!
Combined with the two-toned effect, I think it makes the rosette look extra pretty :D



Pretty on the outside and on the inside! ^~^
It's a such a joy to bite into one of these colourful sweet treats!




And here are the videos for the Funfetti Cupcakes and the Two-toned Buttercream Rosette :)




For the Funfetti cupcakes, just ADD RAINBOW SPRINKLES to the Basic Vanilla Cake recipe below :)

Recipe for Basic Vanilla Cake
10 tbsp(140 grams) butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups (200 grams) self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 180degC.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes.
Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.
Don't worry if the batter doesn't look smooth at this point. Add vanilla.
Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.

To test if your cake/cupcake is cooked, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake.
If it comes out clean or only with a few crumbs clinging onto it, it's ready! :)

Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Basic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy.


Hope y'all will enjoy the videos and try them out on your own!
Do feel free to tweet me pictures of your Funfetti cupcakes or Buttercream rosette frosted cupcakes
at https://twitter.com/rachelltan_ :)

Thank you for reading, love you all!