Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DRx #7: With mummy!

One of my BEST birthday presents this year that I'm super super thankful for is one that MONEY CAN'T BUY.
And that is my mummy's smile! ^~^
I love to see my mummy happy and I always feel like buying stuff for her
but you know how parents are, they'll tell you they don't need anything, don't waste your money etc
so you never really know what to get for them haha!
I'm really close to my mummy, she's like one of my bestest friends in the world
and I spend more time with her and my family than I spend with my friends :P

And this year for my birthday, DRx clinic gave me the best gift ever!
They invited both my mum and I for trichology treatments at DRx's Medispa!!
When I told my mum about it we were both so excited!! :D
Actually I've always wanted to bring her to DRx's Medispa for tricho but because she's busy, it usually gets pushed back,
but since it's my birthday, she took time off for some mother-daughter time with me yay!! ^~^
I personally have really thin hair because I take after my mum,
so our main areas of concern are actually very similar.
So if DRx Tricho can help me, it can definitely help my mummy too! ^~^
We went for my mum's mandatory hair scan with Peggy (who's a certified Trichologist at DRx Medispa) for an analysis of the scalp condition before she recommends the necessary treatments.
Peggy is a super super friendly and very humorous person, and I really like talking to her xD
Like the moment you speak to her, it'll feel like you've known her for years lol!
I think it's awesome because you can feel totally comfortable talking to Peggy about these sensitive hair issues.
I've read online about people TEARING when they speak about their scalp problems and some people would just rather not speak about it entirely :/
But the sooner you seek help, the higher the chances of finding a good solution!!
Mummy's sides and hair parting are the main areas of concern, just like mine!
But thankfully Peggy says it's considerably good for her age already, and Tricho will still be able to help :D
Woohoo!

Peggy recommended my mum to do the DRx Medispa Purifying Treatment, which in the above photo you'll see a super big framed up poster of it!
And she also told my mum "我们这个 treatment 有赢奖的!" (meaning "this treatment of ours has won awards before!") :P
So my mummy did the DRx Purifying Treatment for deep cleansing for the scalp,
and I did the DRx Keratin Repair System! ^~^

If you're wondering why I like to take pictures of myself so much,
I got it from my mama hahah xD
Even our iPhone covers also like similar hahah totally unplanned!
Puffy head doing my Keratin Repair System!
The DRx Keratin Repair Treatment strengthens the polypetide chains within the hair structure, repairs damaged cuticles, restores the strength of the hair and increasing elasticity and shine!
Here are some before-after photos of the Keratin Repair Treatment,
I really like the top one, the end result is amazing!!

For my hair, because it's quite badly damaged from the bleach previously,
the effect lasted for about 4 to 5 days.
During that time, my hair felt stronger, lesser breakage, and a lot easier to comb through,
which is really impressive for my standard! :D
And if your hair isn't as badly chemically damaged as mine, you will definitely benefit even more from this!
Hehehe hi mummy!
It's more fun and less lonely to do treatments with someone accompanying you
cause time passes faster and you spend less time on your phone so the battery drains slower LOL

And after the treatment, the therapist styled my mummy's hair with the Repit Heating Brush Iron and created a more voluminous hair for her.
Because we both have very thin hair, we more than welcome any methods to make our hair thicker lol :p
And off to a post-treatment hair scan!
Befores on the left, and Afters on the right :D
My mummy's scalp looks a lot healthier, less oily and no more of that patchy white stuff! ^~^
And since the scalp is cleansed thoroughly now, it'll be able to absorb serums and "fertilisers" for hair growth a lot better too!
A happy mummy is a beautiful mummy! ^~^v
And as an additional surprise, Chester from DRx also told me to bring my mummy to consult Dr Angela for her skin at DRx Clinic,
sort of like a totally pampering day for her! :D

My mummy knows how much I love Dr Angela cause she helped me with my badly clogged skin
so she agreed to it~
During the consultation, Dr Angela told my mum her skin is actually quite good,
so the products she recommended my mum are more for maintenance and to keep the skin more supple and looking rejuvenated :)
And I helped my mummy remember the order in which she needs to apply the products and wrote markings on them!
Look at my super artistic drawings of the sun and moon xD
It was truly one of the best birthday presents a girl can ever ask for -
quality time with the woman you love the most in this world, and to see her getting pampered and being happy! :'D
Thank you DRx for making this all happen, thank you thank you x999999!!! :')

Prior to this, my mum heard me speak well of DRx so very often,
and after an entire afternoon there, she finally got to meet all the nice and super professional people from DRx (Chester, Dr Angela, Peggy etc)
and she was super assured and happy that I was really in good hands!! ^~^
She enjoyed herself a lot as well and told me it'll be fun if everyone who read my blog brought their mummies to DRx too haha!

If you're interested in paying them a visit (invite your mummy along too :p), you can book an appointment with them!

The DRx Medispa (Singapore) - For Hair
302 Orchard Road, #14-02
Tong Building (next to Paragon Shopping Centre)
Singapore 238862
Tel : (65) – 6223 1555
Mon to Sat : 10am to 8pm | Sun : 10am to 6pm
Closed on PH

The DRx Clinic (Singapore) - For Skin
302 Orchard Road, 16th Floor
Tong Building
Singapore 238862
Tel : (65) – 6733 1555
Mon to Fri : 10am to 8pm | Sat : 10am to 5pm
Closed on Sun & PH

I love my mummy so much I wish I can make her the happiest mummy in the world!
As long as you have a heart full of love for your mummy, everyday can be like Mothers' Day~~~
Thank you for reading, love you all!