Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blessed Be The Unsatisfied

Too much of anything can make you sick
Even the good can be a curse
~ Fight For This Love - Cheryl Cole

Whenever people tell you to be contented with what you have, to be grateful, to be thankful and not complain or demand so much, do not believe it in its entirety.
Not because you shouldn't have any feelings of contentment or gratitude in your life, or you should be negative and pessimistic all the time,
but because when you take those words too seriously and decide to live by them forever more, it actually can get really dangerous for you.

I'm speaking from my personal experience, so you may feel free to believe otherwise.

We all learn something new everyday, and I only recently realised that too much of anything, even something positive like feelings of contentment, can actually be bad.

I've been feeling extremely lethargic of late.
Unmotivated, lazy and apathetic about everything..

Not because I'm unhappy with my life, but because I'm TOO HAPPY WITH IT.
I have a loving and happy family, I'm in good health, I have a wonderful boyfriend, I have quite an interesting job, I have a comfortable shelter above my head,
I'm not number one in anything I do but I'm grateful that I have a chance to even be here blogging and people actually like my amateur baking skills,
my grades were pretty alright in school so nobody ever nags at me about that,
I'll never be perfect or gorgeous but I have a pair of eyes, a nose and a mouth like everyone else so I'm thankful I'm healthy and average-looking and I'm not planning to be a supermodel anyway,
I don't earn a lot but then again I don't really have a high maintenance and I don't buy really expensive things,
I'm equally happy when I eat hawker food as when I enjoy atas food at fancy restaurants so I don't really have the need to force myself to earn a lot of money,
I don't expect my boyfriend to buy anything expensive for me because I'd rather we spend that money eating together,
I'm not popular among people in general but it doesn't bother me because my family is damn fun to be around with,
Sometimes other people have fun without me but I always tell myself that I really don't need anyone who doesn't need me, so I don't bother socializing or making an effort either,
and I don't have the habit of asking for anything from anyone because I always tell myself if I expect others to treat me well or do things for me I'll only end up disappointed, so I rarely ever get affected by anyone,
skin is pretty now thanks to DRx,
hair is short and super healthy and manageable now thanks to Essensuals Bugis,
nails are pretty now thanks to The Nail Status,
recently got fuller brows thanks to brow resurrection by Browhaus,
teeth looks better than before thanks to Tooth Angels at The Central...

Health checked, family checked, love life checked, social life don't bother making new friends cause I already have a few, job is fun, branded things don't need, expensive food don't really make a difference to my tummy...

I really don't know what I'm lacking (in my own opinion) and I feel so crazily blessed already for quite some time I DARE NOT demand or ask for anything else?

Which brings me to my point...
MAYBE.... I NEED TO START BEING GREEDY & FEELING UNSATISFIED
(applies to you who are reading this too if you are going through the same thing)

Not because greed is a good thing, but because if not for greed and endless wants and needs,
I might just leave myself to decay from this feeling of over-contentment and not work hard for nor look forward to anything anymore.

Not saying that I'm not thankful for everything I have, I am, more than words could describe!
It's just that I need to start searching for my motivation already else my life would just end up a waste.
Having a comfort zone is good, but if you stay in there for too long,
you'll grow old to realise that you've only ever existed, not lived.

Note to self and also to whoever needs it:
Dare to dream big right and dare to chase it.
Lawyer, doctor, inventor, to be on FORBES list, to open a bakery, to be an awesome teacher who can help others, professional dancer, singer, actress, KPOP Star, having your own world-renowned clothing label, to be an amazing graphic designer... or even if you dream to have the most insane walk-in wardrobe collection of shoes ever,
just go for it.

Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did. 
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Thank you for reading, love you all!