Monday, September 30, 2013

Photoshop Tutorial: Teeth Whitening

It's amazing how these little bones in our mouth called our teeth can either make or break our smiles!
And I think no matter how crooked or straight your teeth are,
it makes a really huge difference when they look clean and white!
Of course you can find lots of whitening products available,
but they usually either don't last, take a long time for the effect to show, hurt like a bitch, or cost a bomb.

So for me, while I use whitening toothpaste and all,
I take a lot of photos of myself smiling and I think that PHOTOSHOP plays a huge deal in making my smile a lot nicer too!
I used to have a more tedious way of making my teeth whiter in photos but there was once when I had TONS of group photos to edit and it was impossible to just slowly edit everyone's smile by the old method.
And very fortunately I tried this method out of desperation
and now bright and white smiles are just a swipe away! :D

So here is the ONE-STEP tutorial of teeth whitening that costs $0 :p

The only thing you'll need for this is Photoshop (whichever version should be fine), and of course your own photo.
I googled for the image "yellow teeth" and found this image which I will use for demonstration purposes :)

STEP ONE:
Open up your image in Photoshop
STEP TWO:
Click on DODGE TOOL
STEP THREE:
Adjust the SIZE of the Dodge Tool
STEP FOUR:
Adjust the Exposure of the Dodge Tool to your preference
(depending on how "strong" your dodge tool to be)
STEP FIVE:
Simply SWIPE the dodge tool along the teeth
or click on stained areas of the teeth you'd like to "whiten"
And you're done! :D
Feel free to experiment with the Photoshop Dodge Tool and the exposure of it to create a more natural-looking white teeth
or increase the dodge tool's intensity for a more celebrity bleached white smile kind of look!
Hope this post helps!
Love you all, thank you for reading!