Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Braces / Clear Aligners Update

The last time I blogged an update about my teeth/ ceramic braces was on April 15, 2013,
which is almost about a year ago?
And back then I just got my teeth filed to aid in getting more perfect looking teeth with my ceramic braces!

Me with ceramic braces on

Well some time after, very unfortunately,
I had Thai food with my boyfriend and I ordered PINEAPPLE RICE (which is damn yummy and I loved it btw)
but little did I know that my ceramic braces would literally turn NEON YELLOW cause of the colouring in the rice D;

Ceramic braces, unlike your traditional metal braces, are tooth-coloured and thus a lot more prone to staining and you really have to watch what you eat.
They're fantastic for people who want a quick and yet non-obvious way to straighter teeth without paying more for aligners
and great if you'd like to force yourself to go on a diet too :x
Because from personal experience, I tried my best to avoid super hard and crispy food for fear of the brackets falling out.

Anyway, because my ceramic braces were super yellow and gross and they looked like I haven't brushed my teeth in EONSSS (I mega hate bad oral hygiene btw),
I really couldn't take it, threw a fit and decided to remove my ceramic braces entirely even though I wasn't done with my treatment.

BEST. DECISION. EVER.

Hahahah
I was about 6 months into my braces journey at that time (I was suppose to put them on for 1 ~ 1.5 years),
but because I was facing really bad self-esteem issues and let a lot of negativity get to me at that time,
I couldn't have felt happier when I removed the braces after half a year!

Thankfully, my teeth were relatively straight by then (tho not super straight yet), except for the gaps in between my teeth from the teeth filing I blogged about previously.
Also very fortunately, the retainers my dentist at Tooth Angels provided me managed to temporarily hide the gaps when I put them on for photo taking and filming etc,
and the gaps were only visible when I took the retainers out ^~^

Then a month later, I finally decided to PAY for clear aligners at Tooth Angels (The Central) hahaha
It's almost like paying for two treatments, which is pretty unnecessary in most cases
and I probably should have chosen the aligners treatment from the start to save myself all the trouble and money,
BUTTTTT on the bright side, the ceramic braces period helped me move my teeth a lot faster than aligners would have done in the first place!!!
So now I try to comfort myself by saying I spent more money to save myself time heheh :3

I'm not sure how long I've been on clear aligners,
but my teeth are kinda effing straight now and I LOVE THEM SO FRIGGIN MUCH???
And when people tell me I have nice teeth I'll always smile extra big for them LOL

If you realised, I am smiling a lot more now, even more than I used to before my ceramic braces!! xD

And I'm really really very thankful for my dentist (Dr Chia) at Tooth Angels  (The Central) for accommodating to my fickle decisions (removing braces halfway and then changing to aligners)
because in all honesty I think I'm one of the most PMS-y and short tempered customers ever who complain a lot and have a lot of demands :X

Anyway, now that my aligners treatment is almost done, I'm looking to whiten my teeth!!!
I think teeth is one of those rare things in your body that you can actually make close to perfect
and I think nice teeth can be a really good confidence builder for everyone out there!
Worthy investment ba! ^~^

BEFORE ceramic braces & clear aligners

AFTER ceramic braces & clear aligners

Here's a song for you all plus you get to stare at my teeth for 15 secs LOL

And even with my auntie look also can smile so confidently xD
Chio teeth is awesomeeee!!!

For those who are interested in the dental clinic I'm going to, look for
Dr Chia at Tooth Angels & Co. Dental Surgeons (The Central)
http://www.toothangels.com/index.html
Address:
The Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #B1-01
Singapore 059817
Nearest MRT : Clarke Quay
Tel : +65 6222 6220

Business Hours
Monday to Friday - 10:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday - 10:00am to 7:00pm ( By appointments only )
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays

Alright, will update you all again soon!
Thank you for reading, love you all!