Saturday, March 1, 2014

To all you brand conscious KIDS

Ahh can't really get to sleep, so I decided to write one of these rant posts that I haven't written in a long time.... about my opinions on kids and branded things.

I know a lot of younger kids these days look up to their seniors for inspirations, for a role model to follow.
But more often than not, they always learn the wrong things -_-

When they see someone older with a Chanel bag, Birkin bag, Celine bag or whatever,
instead of learning that they should work hard to earn a branded bag of their own when they get older and can afford it,
a lot of young girls end up with the conclusion that they NEED to have a bag now to be accepted
or they EXPECT their parents/ boyfriends (yes, nowadays BGRs start even earlier huh.. :S) to buy it for them.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

1) YOU WEAR THE BAG, THE BAG DOESN'T WEAR YOU
Whether or not you can afford an expensive bag, don't allow yourself to feel inferior and less worthy just because you're not carrying a branded item at the moment.
The bag is just an accessory to your outfit, THE MAIN STAR IS YOU.
Why would you let an accessory define who you are and how much you're worth?
As long as you feel good and confident about yourself, it doesn't matter if you're carrying a $5 bag or a $5,000 bag, you're still pretty damn awesome!
I've literally seen people who're clad in branded shizz top to toe, but still get jealous and insecure about every other girl that walks into the room -_-
Branded things don't always make one happy, especially not when you're all stressed out about getting one you can barely afford. No thanks man.

2) DON'T GO BROKE TRYING TO LOOK RICH
No seriously, if you're not rich, just don't pretend to be rich and buy all the branded things you know you can't afford and give your bank account a hard time!
Never pretend to be who you're not, cause at the end of the day you'll never truly be happy.
By the way, did you know that you can find a lot of gorgeous bags from $10 to $30???
If you're thinking of starving yourself to save for a PRADA bag, just remind yourself that you could be SWIMMING in about 133 chio bags with that same amount of money.
Damn girl, that's a hell load of bags!! O.O

3) WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO IMPRESS?
Your family and true friends who love you? Or the fake ass back-stabbing crazy bitches at school who will hate on you anyway, whether or not you own branded items?
The last time I checked, people who truly care and love you will still love you even when you're dressed in slacks, without make up and looking like complete crap. Yes, love is awesome!! ^~^
My point is, make sure if you're getting expensive things for yourselves, it's for your own benefit, and not to impress people whom you don't even like.

4) NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING
I don't care if it's Valentine's Day or Christmas or your birthday, nobody owes you shit, not even your parents.
So don't go raging on all your online social platforms about how XXX didn't get you a PANDORA or 9999 flowers on vday.
If they get expensive things for you, be thankful.
But if they don't get it for you, it doesn't mean they love you less....unless your boyfriend is cheating on you and buying PANDORAs for another girl ok he loves you less and you should smack him in the balls real hard with a baseball bat.
If you really really think branded things are a NECESSITY in your life, then you jolly well work super hard for it cause none of that is just gonna fall from the sky for you.

5) THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING
If you are 13, just finished PSLE, not even done with O Levels, I'm pretty sure you don't need an HERMES bag for school or outings with your friends.
I strongly believe that people should always do things that fit the occasion.
You don't go to the salon and get your hair all styled up just to go to the wet market, do you?
(I think) Older girls or women carry more expensive things mainly because it fits a certain image they are portraying to clients they meet in the corporate world or working environment.
And this isn't wrong.
The agent that helped my family sell our house owned a ton of branded things, and it actually made me feel like she's probably really good at what she does, and that's why she's able to support her extravagant lifestyle.
And since this helps make her clients feel more confident about working with her, it's good for her work.
Like if you're in sales, you can't show up in front of a client in teeshirts and slippers and be like "love me or hate me, this is how I roll man" HAHAHA although I think that'll be pretty funny xD
So if you're not even of suitable age to work right now, buying branded things shouldn't even be on your list of priorities at all.
Trust me, when the time comes when you actually need to worry about getting expensive things, you'll wish you could turn back time to when things were simpler LOL!

Again, these are just my personal opinions,
and I understand if you don't agree with me fully.
If these branded things are really affordable for you and you own a lot of them, that's your life choice.
Also, I think it's okay to splurge on something really expensive but of good quality ONCE IN AWHILE (no, monthly or weekly is not once in awhile)..
But from personal experience, I'm probably not very suited for all this expensive things LOL
I got myself a PRADA wallet last year and kind of regret it when I see so many other chio and cheap wallets that I refrain myself from buying because if I did, I'd totally just chuck my PRADA in a corner to mould T~T
I think I'll only get myself a branded bag if I'm invited to those super high end or really formal coporate events sort.. just to show respect I guess.
Or if there's gonna be this crazy 99% SALE on branded bags and the discounted price is below $200 OK I BUY!! xD

If not...... OH HELL NAW~~ *shakes finger*
I LOVE PUTTING MY BAGS ON THE FLOOR IN PUBLIC AND THROWING THEM ALL AROUND MY ROOM WHEN I GET HOME
AND EVEN WHEN THEY SPOIL I CAN ALWAYS GET A NEW ONE OHOHOHO! ^~^

Thank you for reading, love you all!