Friday, April 4, 2014

St John's Island Part 3/3: Santa Fe

If you haven't read my St John's Island Part 1 & 2 yet, please do! :D

So after returning to South Marina Pier from St John's Island, it was about 6+pm and it was dinner time!!
And we noticed this cool looking boat, Stewords Riverboat, with a restaurant on board called
Santa Fe (All American Tex-Mex grill) and decided to give it a try! :P

WE'RE GONNA HAVE DINNER ON A BOAT YAY!!!~~~~ *excited*
AMBIANCE ♥♥♥♥♥
The place is too gorgeous omg I can't get enough of it
I wish I could dine there everyday~~ T~T
BUT!!!!
You can really feel a bit of the waves while you eat,
so if you have motion sickness, I'd suggest you don't stay for too long hahah
maybe just grab a dessert instead of a full meal! :D
The gorgeous view outside the window from where we were seated~~


THEIR MUSHROOM SOUP IS DAMN GOOD AND CREAMY
♥♥♥♥♥
I actually really like cream, cheese, milk and all other dairy products so I might be biased here hahah
It's not the type of chunky mushroom soup, but this one tasted awesome to me!
They have some really cute deco on board, not sure if it's for customers to take photos with it,
but their staff took the initiative to ask if we wanted his help in taking a photo so we just borrowed the props haha! ^~^
SERVICE ♥♥♥♥♥
I even told the staff "I love your food here! Really good! :D"
LOVE THIS TOO DAMN MUCH *_*
LIGHTING FOR PHOTOS ♥♥♥♥♥
Full marks, full marks, full marks!!!! xD
It could probably also be because I was in an excellent mood, or the novelty of dining on a ship, or because
THE PLACE IS REALLY SUPER AWESOME!! ^~^
They only open after 6PM though, so do take note!!
Also, on Tuesday I think they have 1 for 1 for main course meals!!! OMG SHIOK!

This pic is blurry but I kinda like it cause you can't see my flaws OHOHOH :D

Their food came pretty quick so that was awesome!! :D
But anyway waiting time is good for camwhoring,
and with such nice lighting there, waiting a little longer for my food won't bother me at all LOL
I had a grilled chicken pasta,
I'd give it a ♥♥♥♡♡ cause it's yummy, but didn't stand out as much as the mushroom soup hehe!
Wish the grilled chicken was more juicy though :P
Baby ordered steak!
AND THIS WAS SURPRISINGLY AWESOME!!!
♥♥♥♥♡
The steak was perfectly cooked to Rare (the way Martin liked it), super tender, juicy and flavourful! ^~^
I really liked the mashed potato too! The portion was super generous! :D :D
With black pepper gravy if I didn't remember wrongly! Super yummy~~
I took a lot of the place because how often do you get to dine on a boat??? :D
Plus it's soooo pretty!!







While walking to the toilet, you'll have to walk along the corridor of the boat, 
and you'll get to enjoy the sea breeze and the nice view of the sea ^~^
Peeping at my boyfriend from the outside hahah xD
And our waffle with ice cream dessert!
LOVE IT!
Such a deliciously sweet closure to a wonderful fun-filled day! ^~^
And when we were done with dinner and were about to leave, the staff was so lovely as to tell us
"Thank you for coming! Would you like to walk around the boat and take a look? It's nice! :D"
And my (small) eyes lit up like YAAAAYYY!!! ^~^
Their service is really really good lah! Super friendly and passionate!!!

We already paid so they actually didn't have to bother anymore but they still did out of their professionalism and kindness hehe! Thank you nice people for existing!! :D :D
So our exploring for the day is extended by a tiny bit as we check out Stewords Riverboat! :D :D

You can host functions at the top deck and I think it'll be super cool lor!



PRICE ♥♥♥♡♡
About $40 to $50 per pax!
Definitely not one of the most affordable restaurants out there, but considering its novelty, high quality of food, awesome service, and beautiful ambiance,
it'll certainly be a fantastic place to dine at for special occasions!!

I've been to regular restaurants that serve not so fabulous food and my bill came up to about the same price,
so I'd choose Santa Fe over those restaurants any day hahah xD
I LOVED THAT DAY SOOOO MUCH!
I WISH EACH DAY CAN BE FILLED WITH LITTLE POCKETS OF HAPPINESS!!! ^~^

Anyway my #OOTD with my denim hearts motif crop top!!
I actually changed my top cause the other one was sweaty and I wanted to feel more refreshed! xD
That's it for my St John's Island 3 part blogposts!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!! ^~^
Also, if you guys visit these places, do feel free to tweet me @rachelltan_ and let me know!! :D
I'd love to RT your pictures hehe! xD

Love you all, thank you for reading!

Part 1:
Part 2:

Bye!!! I'm sleepy now~~~ ^~^