Saturday, April 12, 2014

Starbucks Inspired Charm Bracelet

Hello loves ^~^
I checked my YouTube channel and my last DIY video was 3 weeks ago hahah oops :X
I guess the mood to DIY comes in waves, like you kinda gotta be inspired by things and got the feel for it before you can actually make something that you really like and want to share with others! ^~^
I don't believe in making things just for the sake of "oh I DIY-ed just to update something new", "oh I DIY cause I'm obliged to", 
nopeeeee, not my thing~

ANYWAY,
THIS TIME, I GOT A LOT OF FEEL HAHAHA

I saw a photo of a Starbucks bracelet online and I had that
OMG I GOTTA HAVE THAT feeling!
My first response was to google for anyone who's selling it
but most of those sold online are either super crappily made, super expensive or super
i-don't-ship-to-singapore-where-in-the-world-is-that T~T

So I decided to make it myself and
experiment with something new - Polymer Clay!
I've seen a lot of videos of polymer clay stuff by accident (and I usually get annoyed)
cause they'd always pop up and cheat my feelings when I'm looking for REAL EDIBLE CAKE RECIPE TUTORIALS hahah xD

But now, I'm actually glad I chanced upon those videos before, so at least I know of a material that I can use to DIY my own Starbucks inspired charm bracelet!! ^~^

Unlike the old school clay we used to play with as kids that take forever to dry,
Polymer Clay requires baking in the oven and will only take a few minutes to dry!
It will never harden air-dried, so you can take as long as you want to shape and re-shape it!
I'M A NEWBIE AT POLYMER CLAY
so if I do make any mistakes in my making of this bracelet, please forgive the noob~~

I made a really simple video tutorial showing how I made the better looking charms (frappuccino, hot beverage cup, chocolate fudge cake, choc chip cookie) and also how I weaved my bracelet! ^~^
I never like things that are too complicated, so I tried to cheat my way through making the charms by making things as optional and simplified as possible!
Hope you guys will like it and try it out! :D


ALL CHARMS NEED TO BE BAKED & GLAZED!!
You can buy the Polymer Clay, Chalk Pastels, Sculpey Glaze, Headpins, Jump Rings from ART FRIEND.
Transparencies & green marker from POPULAR Bookstore.

The reason why I'm making this tutorial is because I'm not intending to sell my handmade items
but at the same time I want you girls to have a way of owning a pretty bracelet too~

No copyright infringement intended, I love you Starbucks for having the prettiest drinks and logo ever ♥♥♥♥♥♥

For more photos, please visit my blog at:
http://www.rachelltan.com/2014/04/starbucks-inspired-charm-bracelet.html

Song used: Anna Kendrick - Cups (Pitch Perfect's "When I'm Gone")
The reason why I'm making this tutorial is because I'm NOT intending to sell my handmade items
but at the same time I want you girls to have a way of owning a pretty bracelet too~

No copyright infringement intended, I love you Starbucks for having the prettiest drinks and logo ever ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Enjoy the photos!!!
















Can't wait to wear my gorgeous Starbucks inspired charm bracelet out!!!
It's my favourite bracelet EVERRRRRR xD
Probably my top favourite DIY right now, along with my

Thank you for reading, love you all!