Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shimmer is the way to go

For those who are interested in this look which I posted on Instagram,
here's a quick breakdown of the products I used + some close up photos! ^~^

Products used:
Maybelline Colorshow crayon kohl eyeliner (orange) on upper lid
Maybelline color tattoo (10 fierce & tangy) for eyeshadow
Maybelline hyper diamonds (WN-1) eye color pallet
Maybelline magnum mascara
Maybelline hyper liner (Brown) to line the upper and bottom half of my eyes
Maybelline Colorshow lipstick (302 Chic Pink)
Maybelline color sensational lipstick (NU31 Coral Attitude)

The most significant change I did for this look is definitely my eye make up!
Instead of my usual bold black eyeliner, I used the brown eyeliner instead, and this definitely softens up the look a lot!
Btw, brown eyeliners are great for girls who prefer a more subtle natural make up kind of look ^~^

1. I applied the white shimmery eyeshadow from the Maybelline hyper diamonds (WN-1) eye color pallet
onto the entire of my upper lid as well as inner corner of my eyes

2. And then line Maybelline Colorshow crayon kohl eyeliner (orange) on upper lid, blend away harsh edges with an eyeshadow brush 

3.  Next, using Maybelline color tattoo (10 fierce & tangy) for the center of my lids

4. The darkest shade from Maybelline hyper diamonds (WN-1) eye color pallet for the outer V of my eyes

5. Maybelline hyper liner (Brown) to line the upper and bottom half of my eyes

6. Applied a bit of Maybelline Colorshow crayon kohl eyeliner (gold) under my eyes

7. Applied mascara on my lashes

8. Applied Maybelline Colorshow lipstick (302 Chic Pink) on my lips.
This lipstick is shimmery and it's fantastic for girls with thinner lips like me!
It really creates the illusion of fuller lips due to the shine ^~^

9. Applied Maybelline color sensational lipstick (NU31 Coral Attitude) only on the INNER part of my lips.
This creates a more 3D effect on the lips and it really makes your lip colour pop!
I think applying Coral Attitude on my entire lip would be too dramatic cause it has quite a neon-ish glow to it, which is why it's perfect for creating ombre lips! :D

I had a lot of fun experimenting with my make up and I'm growing to love shimmery make up!!!
I hope you all will like this look and try it out too! ^~^

Also, I did a cover of 2NE1's Come Back Home in this make up
although it's not really clear from my iPhone camera :x

Thank you for reading, love you all!