Friday, August 1, 2014

Clinique: Great skin just got better!

Women.
We spend hours looking at ourselves in the mirror every day, constantly trying ways and means to beautify ourselves, be it for our own self-esteem or for the one we love.


While everyone has a different definition what their ideal standard of beauty is,
there is no debate about clean and pretty skin being associated with being beautiful.

And today, I'm going to share with you how great skin just got better!

I was honoured to be in invited to a Clinique event the other day alongside several other bloggers,
thanks to NuffnangSG, to learn about the new Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush :D


It was a truly informative and enlightening sharing session!
Hearing so much from representatives of a global leader in the cleansing category with a deep dermatological heritage - Clinique - I felt like my knowledge about skin care was upped by a big notch! :)

We also had light refreshments that were so prettily in theme with Clinique's colours!

Couldn't help taking a sefie with the mint green macaron! ^~^

Clinique was the first dermatologist developed skin care brand that created a revolution in skin care with its 3-Step Skin Care System.
A simple yet effective system which comprises of: Cleanse, Exfoliate, Moisturize.
Clinique undoubtedly changed the way women cared for their skin, and they truly believe that great skin is not something that's exclusive to a select few, but can be created by all.
And now, they've yet again revolutionized the way we cleanse our faces with the new Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush!

When I first saw the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush, what surprised me was the simplicity of it.
It's considerably small, a clean cut design, and without much of a fancy schmancy details going on
unlike several other Electronic Facial Cleansing Devices (EFCDs) available in the market.


And while I was asking myself in my head, "why such a simple design?",
the speakers gave me a whole new perspective and indirectly asked us "why not? :)"

That's essentially the beauty of Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush.
It's simple and super straight forward - one button, one speed, one setting, one brush fits all - for the convenience of all its users.
I'd known about EFCDs for some time now, but it's not hard to imagine the confusion of a customer who's never used EFCDs before when faced with a complicated device.
And I feel that simplicity is the key to create willingness of experienced and new users of EFCDs to try out the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush, before they can truly witness the magic of its function!

Of course, there's more to this simple yet powerful device than meets the eye, and I'll share them with you all as I go along with this post ^~^

Nearing the end of the event, the lovely people from Clinique came over to each and every one of us to ask us a few questions to understand more about our skin types.

After which, each one of us got our very own Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush plus an appropriate Clinique 3-step Facial Soap for our skin.
Mine is meant for combination type skin! :D
Oily around t-zone, normal around cheek area.

I absolutely couldn't wait to try it out!!!

The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush had a sleek-looking charger that allowed me to connect it to a USB port for charging,
which made things a lot easier for me because I could share the same USB port for charging my phone, MP3 and other devices as well hahah!


But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.
Because after my first full charge of the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush, the battery of the device can go on for 3 hours straight, lasting for an extended period of time without recharging!

The self timer of the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush turns the brush off after 30 seconds, which is the appropriate amount of usage time for most skin types to start with.

Do some simple math and you'll realize that one charge can last you approximately 6 MONTHS (with twice a day, 30 seconds each time usage)! :O
How insanely awesome is that right?

For those who travel a lot overseas and already have a ton of chargers (for camera, phone, laptop etc) to bring around,
or those with super busy schedules and can't be bothered with seeing the "low battery" warning all the time,
the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is simply the perfect EFCD for you!

And the moment we're all excited for... putting the highly raved Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush to test!


Using it is super easy!
Pump an appropriate amount of Clinique 3-Step Facial Soap to the dampened brush head and then simply press button to start :D


Only one button on the whole device, you can't go wrong with this! :P

For my forehead and cheeks, I'll just glide the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush along, without applying much pressure.
Sort of like gliding a computer mouse over a mouse pad! :)



As for my t-zone, nose and chin area where I feel like there are more accumulation of dirt, I'll tilt the brush head in an up and down motion to cleanse deeper.

I'll also slightly tilt the brush head to target my jawline and hairline!
And yes, the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is safe to use along the hairline because Clinique omitted the rotating brush head (seen in some other EFCDs) which may sometimes tug onto our hair.
I'll talk more about the non-rotating brush head in a bit :D

I've been using the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush twice a day, 30 seconds in the morning, and 2 x 30 seconds (press the button again when it stops) at night after I remove my heavy make up!
And that's the part that I really like about the Cleansing Brush.
It allows flexibility with the usage of it, so I can easily customize my own cleansing experience depending on what time of the day it is, which areas of my face I'd like to focus on etc.

After weeks of use, I realized that the most significant difference the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush has made for me is along my nose bridge!
I always get these blackheads around my nose area and it's one of my biggest pet peeves cause I think it looks super gross!!
And it makes me feel like I'm really dirty and have a lot of crap accumulated on my nose as well *cringe*

Here's a BEFORE and AFTER photo of my nose area to compare!
I prefer to cleanse my face after a hot shower because I feel like my skin is softened and my pores are open, so that the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush can cleanse even better than it already does! :D
Although my skin isn't flawless now and I still do have blackheads here and there,
I think the results are really amazing already!!
Pretty sure I won't be able to cleanse my skin this well by hand! O.o

Likewise, I've also been getting less clogged pores and less pimples around my chin area, which used to be my area of concern too!

Overall, my entire face feels cleaner because the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is able to fully cleanse all the little areas of my face because of its unique bristles, which traditional hand washing may miss!

Also, the massaging effect of the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush makes it kind of like a spa-like sonic facial,
which is possibly one of the best things for me to wake up to on a dreary Monday morning! ^~^

In addition, I do feel like the massaging effect has greatly helped in giving my skin a more radiant glow!
In the past, I always avoided massaging my face with my hands because of the bacteria on our hands, and for fear of tugging too much at my skin.
So glad I have the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush now to help me with this as well! :D

It's really impressive how the Clinique Cleansing Brush is so gentle on the skin, yet it does a super thorough job with the cleansing.
Every time after I wash my face now, I feel that my skin is better prepped and primed for the skincare products that follow :D
And true enough, my skin does feel more supple because it is now able to efficiently absorb the moisturizers and serums I'm applying.

With my skin thoroughly cleansed and pores purified, the occurrences of my outbreaks have reduced significantly.
And even if I do get a pimple or two, they're usually not severe (because my skin is considerably cleaner) and heals really quickly! :)
Yay!! Everybody loves clearer skin :D :D

On a side note, if you used the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush on a delicate petal of a flower, or even a sheet of wet tissue, you'll realize that there'll be no damage at all because it's soooo gentle!
We know this because we actually tried it out at the Clinique event! ^~^

Don't be fooled by the clean and simple appearance of the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush though!
Because a ton of research and development has went into designing this amazing product!

The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush was made with Swiss Engineered Sonic Technology.
And when you think of Swiss engineering, the word 'precision' comes to mind.
Every little detail of the Cleansing Brush was made in a unique and specific way to enhance the experience of the users!

First of all, the oval-shaped brush was specifically designed to allow targeted cleansing in the hard-to-reach, contoured areas of the face, including the nose, hairline and chin.

The brush has an angled tip at the pale green bristles area, consisting of firmer, shorter bristles that allow for easier and more efficient cleansing of areas prone to more oil production and clogging, like the t-zone! :)

On the other hand, the white bristles on the body of the brush are softer and less firm,
and they're designed to target the larger, more delicate areas of the face like the cheeks where there are less oil glands.

Not forgetting that anti-microbial technology helps keep bristles clean, so we only need to switch the brush heads once every 3 months (recommended) :D

Plus, the ergonomic handle of the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush provides an easy, comfortable grip,
while also allowing the brush to lay flat to to dry!



After I'm done with using my brush, I always rinse it with water,
and then shake it a couple of times for excess water to come out, and simply leave it beside my sink as such! :)

The brush is also completely waterproof, and this gives us the option of cleansing our skin in the shower for further convenience!

In addition, if you're a frequent traveller, you won't have to worry about the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush adding too much weight into your baggages as well because it's so light and portable.
I actually weighed it with a digital scale and it only weighs 106grams hahah

Just attach the cap of the brush and you're good to go!


I recently went on a short staycation at Resorts World Singapore,
and it felt awesome to know that even when I was staying at a hotel,
I could at least cleanse and care for my skin as well as I did when I was home!


As mentioned above, the Cleansing Brush uses sonic technology instead of rotary technology.
The reason being rotary technology is often considered harsher because the device head pulls against skin in the process,
whereas brushes with sonic technology work with skin's natural elasticity using sonic speed vibrations.

Really impressive, ain't it? :D
The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is indeed a powerful combination of sonic technology with uniquely and meticulously thought out design!
THANK YOU FOR ENTERING INTO MY LIFE ♥♥♥♥ ^~^

There are quite a number of EFCDs out in the market, so what made me choose the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush?

Clinique is an renowned brand that had came up with skincare solutions that millions of women have tried out, and grown to love and trust.
And that's pretty much why when Clinique announced their new Cleansing Brush, a lot of women, myself included, are excited for it.

By combining the knowledge and expertise of Clinique's scientists and founding dermatologists with the technological savvy of a leading Swiss manufacturer, Clinique has truly developed a skin changer!

97% of users agreed that their skin looked clearer and more radiant with the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush.
And now that I've tried it for myself and noticed a marked improvement in my own skin, I'm truly convinced!

A simple, clean design with form following function.
No hassle and no complicated steps to clean and pretty skin!
What's there not to love? :D

Great skin just got better!

If you're keen in knowing more about the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush,
please visit the following website:
http://campaigns.herworldplus.com/clinique/ 

Thank you for reading, love you all!

No comments: