Saturday, August 30, 2014

Colour of money

So I actually had plans to dedicate a red head with bleached white ombre ends for our nation's birthday...
But unfortunately, my hair is too thin to withstand that amount of bleach, and so Hitomi and I decided to stop at a kind of light orangey colour for the ends, and copper red at the top half during my visit to Cleo Hair & Make!

The end result was still really pretty though, thankfully!!! :D

I feel like red hair gives girls more confidence, in terms of smiling more in photos, or posing more confidently for our #OOTDs! xD
Kind of like a RAD HAIR, DON'T CARE sort of thing!
"It's not just a hair colour, it's a lifestyle!" hahah xD

But seriously, if you need some serious ego-boost in your life, dye your hair red.
Like if you're currently upset over a break up, or feeling quite low about yourself,
dye your hair red!!!
But make sure it's a pretty shade of red, else you'll end up looking like an ahlianzxz :X

That's where I think Cleo, with all these crazily talented Japanese stylists, stands in a great advantage!
The colours that I've seen so many of my friends (myself included) request for at Cleo,
it always turns out in super friggin fantastic qualities and shades of colour that is difficult to mimic with cheap quality dye.
Even Ben's RAINBOW HAIR was done perfectly at Cleo without looking patchy, love it eh!
The tricky part about coloured hair is that if you dye it badly, you may end up looking like a bunch of juvenile delinquents :x
So thankfully we're all safe hahah xD

Anyway when I went to Cleo Hair & Make on my next visit,
I decided to bleach the ends a little more, but still it couldn't reach the shade of white that I wanted.
Rather, it was kind of like blonde-ish.. and I randomly decided,
why not dye my hair to suit my mint ombre rosette birthday cake?
And so I did..
AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER??!!
Hitomi surpassed my expectations by giving me
super pretty turquoise-teal-blue-green gradient ombre hair for my birthday!!! :'D
This was probably the most exciting part of my 24th birthday this year hahah
Plus my hair was so smooth cause of the treatment Hitomi did for me the night before, it was sufficient to just style it simply!
THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY BIRTHDAY A PRETTY ONE, HITOMI ^~^
If you want to read my birthday post:

The shades of green change with different lightings, which is perfect for me
cause I think it's super worth it when one sitting at the salon gives me 5 different types of hair colour? xD

What is this ethereal mermaid glow in my backlit hair?? ♥_♥

And because several people have asked why I chose turquoise/green for my hair,
and it's too long-winded to explain the randomness behind my birthday cake and all,
I've decided to just tell them it's the
COLOUR OF MONEY.
And true enough, this royal shade of emerald/ turquoise/ green has brought me quite a lot of $$$ leh!!!

Disclaimer: maybe my definition of "a lot" and your "a lot" varies,
and maybe you'd think the amount I'm talking about is meh, cause I'll be honest that I'm quite easily satisfied~
But!!! The most important thing is, I BELIEVE IT BRINGS ME MONEY AND IT DOES AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY! ^~^
I love my green hair and I love the colour of money hahah

Anyway, when you watch Korean dramas and the characters suddenly become really strong and motivated or just fall into depression cause they got defeated,
you'll realise that it reflects largely on their hairstyles as well.
I really think it's because a fresh new haircut or a new style affects your mood
because simply waking up to a new image can seriously make you start your day happy,
and then everything else goes well from there! :D

Also, my hair is now (self-proclaimed) relatives with the brown crusted pandan cake at my favourite neighbourhood bakery, funny sloths with algae fur, palm trees coconut trees and other nature stuff,
I feel happy just looking at my hair!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥


Plus those little green ends that hang out when I tie up my hair, LOVE EM!!! ^~^

My green lasted me about a month by the way!!! :D
Worth it leh hahah!


When it finally faded to its limit, it was still this gorgeous ashy green shade
and people were still telling me "I like your hair!" xD
Officially my most worth it hair, ever!!!
Of course, thanks to the qualities of the dyes Hitomi used, and her skills in making the switch from brown to green not look chunky and awkward.
I personally dislike dip-dye hair where it looks like someone drew a line on the hair and dipped that part in a different colour and forgot to blend it in :X
Some people might be able to pull it off, but not me ba~
I still prefer the soft gradation from ombre techniques, and Hitomi is hella skilled at this!

I went Cleo Hair & Make again today to get my hair touched up & I took this group photo of
Hitomi, Takuya, Boss, Ryo, Yui and myself with my hair (coincidentally) so strategically cut off seemingly to keep you guys in suspense,
but it's really purely accidental hahah!
You can see Hitomi's magic hands at work & the not so HQ photos of my new hair at my Dayre:

I'll blog photos of my new hair soon!!! ^~^
I CAN'T WAIT!!
By the way, for those who are attending the flea later on
(30th August, 1 to 7 PM Lucky Plaza Level 6, opposite Jollibee),
I'm having a booth with Sophie Willocq, so we'll see you there!! :D

If you'd like to read my older posts about my hair at Cleo,
The Central Mall 6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#04-89a/92 Singapore 059817
Tel: +65 63385250
(please book appointment before going down to secure your slot!)
Cleohairsg@gmail.com
Sio × Ryo × Ai × Takuya × Hitomi
https://www.facebook.com/cleohair.sg
http://instagram.com/cleohairsg

Thank you for reading, love you all!!

No comments: