Tuesday, August 12, 2014

S'mores Cupcakes Tutorial

Baked some yummy S'mores Cupcakes the other day and did a video tutorial on it! :D
It's super easy to make, and according to my family it's one of the best cupcakes I've ever baked!! Yay!!! ^~^
But it also means that now I have to think about what else I can bake to top this to satisfy them LOL :P


Why I used instant chocolate cake mix
Most chocolate cake recipes I've tried produce quite meh tasting chocolate cakes, no matter how much chocolate or what type of chocolate (cocoa powder, melted chocolate etc) I add in.
Not that they aren't delicious, but they just don't satisfy my MAJOR chocolate cravings as much as it would if I'd eaten a chocolate bar.
So I'd rather just save myself the hassle and stick to using an instant chocolate cake mix.
Unless you have a killer chocolate cake recipe! Then please use that instead :)

Why incorporate the graham cracker crumbs into the cake batter?
I've seen recipes where they used the graham cracker crumbs and formed a crust at the bottom of each cupcake before adding the cake batter on top and baking it,
but I find that it's simply too time consuming and ain't nobody got time for that.

To form a crust (like in cheesecake), you'll have to mix the cracker crumbs very well with butter, and then press down the mixture onto each cupcake liner before filling it with the cake batter.
Sounded like too much work for me so I felt like mixing the crumbs directly into the batter was a lot easier.

Plus, you can smell and taste the fragrance of the graham crackers (digestive biscuits in my case) throughout the cupcake if you mix it directly into the cake batter, which I think is really really yummy!
Kind of like a cookies and cream cake!

Why milk instead of water?
I added 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 cup water instead of 1 cup of water for the cake batter because I feel like it'll add more flavour to the cupcakes.
The instructions behind the cake box are meant to serve as a guide, so you can always experiment with it a little! ^~^
(eg. adding butter instead of oil, adding chocolate chips into a basic vanilla cake mix etc!)

I hope you all will try out this tutorial and let me know if you all like it too! :D
It's super simple to make and its taste definitely won't disappoint! ^~^
Once they're baked, it's super easy to warm up the cupcakes before eating!
The marshmallows will actually become more toasty and yummy after heating it up! :)
To re-heat the cupcakes, just place them in a regular toaster for about 4 to 5 minutes and they're good to eat!



Happy baking!!
Thank you for reading, love you all! ^~^ 

No comments: