Thursday, September 4, 2014

Red Velvet Pancakes

On days when you want a kinda fancy breakfast...

Adapted from several recipes I saw online & I tweaked them to suit my liking! :)
This recipe is a whole lot more convenient & require simpler ingredients!
You know me, I'm not the type who can bear with complicated things and I love easy recipes hahah

I hope y'all will try this out and let me know if you like it! ^~^

Red Velvet Pancakes Recipe

Wet Ingredients
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
300ml Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
60g Melted Butter (Salted)
Red Food Colouring (add more for a deeper red colour)

Dry Ingredients
270g Self-Raising Flour
2 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda

Watch my video tutorial~

Steps:
Mix wet ingredients together.
Mix dry ingredients together.
Pour wet into dry, mix gently.
Fry the pancake with a non-stick pan, all done! :D

Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
227g Cream Cheese
70ml Milk
80g Icing Sugar (you can add more/less to your own liking)


These pancakes are super moist and fluffy, with that fragrant chocolatey taste.
But what really helps this beat all other pancakes I've made so far is the cream cheese frosting!! :P
I'm a huge sucker for cream cheese so that explains why I loved this so much! xD
If you want a healthier alternative, I'll suggest serving with cut strawberries instead of chocolate chips, and reduce the icing sugar in the cream cheese frosting! :)
The pancake itself isn't very sweet so no worries there!

Super easy to make, practically fool-proof!
You definitely gotta try making this at least once! :D

Thank you for reading, love you all!

No comments: