Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kao Essential: Relaunched!

Advertorial
How long have you been using the same shampoo y'all?
There is this belief that we should switch shampoos after some time in case our hair gets 'immune' to the effects.

And there's probably no better time to switch shampoos than now cause
Essential just relaunched with brand new packaging, improved formula and a new variant! :D :D Yay!!

I'm really stoked about the relaunch of Essential because I've always been a huge fan of their products.
My favourites would be their Sleeping Hair Mask and Leave On Serum which I blogged about previously, and still am using currently! ^~^

Essential is a popular haircare brand from Japan.
And because they understand the needs of Singaporean girls and our hair woes,
Essential has come up with a wide range of products to help repair and care for hair.
From basic hair care products like Shampoo & Conditioner to more intensive treatments like Hair Masks and Leave On Serum/Lotions,
you name it, Essential's got it!

Essential is available in 4 variants to suit all hair needs and types:
♥ Moisturizing Frizz Free (pink) – for dull & rough hair
♥ Nourishing Breakage Defense (orange) – for weak & damaged hair

♥ Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) – for flat & limp hair
Deep Cleansing Care (blue) – for oily scalp & dry ends ☆ NEW! ☆

Out of these 4, the yellow and blue variants have technology that caters to people with 'combination hair'.

Have you guys heard of combination hair before?
It's like combination skin, where our hair condition is not the same from the root to the tip.
Usually it'll be oily scalp/roots with dry ends.
I think a lot of people like myself have combination hair, but it's just not a term we're familiar with because no haircare brand has talked about this before.

At least not up till now!! :D
The NEW Essential is just the perfect solution to this common hair condition!

In the past, I've always struggled with finding the perfect shampoo for my combination hair.
There wasn't one haircare product which I could use to solve both problems of oily roots and dry ends.
Shampoos I've used either left my scalp feeling oily, or my ends feeling super dry.
It was only until a friend of mine taught me to use two different types of shampoos (one dry, and one moisturizing) for different parts of my hair that it got a little better.
But who am I kidding, having to use two shampoos (plus conditioner after that) is simply too troublesome early in the morning when I'm in a mad rush to go for events :/

But since the relaunch of Essential, I've never been happier! :D
New Essential Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) and Deep Cleansing Care (blue) variants have the optimum combination of Smart Cuticle Care & Sebum Cleansing Technology to target both problems of roots and hair ends.
As a result, we get to experience the best of both worlds with one product - airy light roots and moisturized ends!

If you're wondering how to choose the correct variant for your hair type,
ask yourself the two questions and choose from the matrix below:
1. Do you have oily hair roots/scalp?
2. Do you have dry/damaged hair ends?

The Deep Cleansing Care (blue) variant has the lightest formula and is suitable for people with very oily roots, followed by Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) variant.

I've been using the Deep Cleansing Care (blue) variant for the past weeks and I've seen a remarkable change in my hair condition!

The bottles are so pretty I couldn't stop taking photos of them haha! xD

Coincidentally, I switched to the New Essential shampoo the day after I did a hair treatment at the salon,
and I think the New Essential Deep Cleansing Care shampoo greatly helped maintain the effects of the treatment!
It's been more than 2 weeks but my hair looks as pretty as the first day I did my treatment!

I styled my hair in these photos myself by the way!! :D
The change in shampoo really made a huge improvement in my daily hair styling~

When shampooing my hair with the New Essential Deep Cleansing Care shampoo, I didn't encounter any tangles in my hair at all (from roots to tips), unlike I previously did with more drying shampoos which I used for my oily scalp.
And I'm still amazed by how my scalp feels cleansed but the ends of my hair isn't dried out by the shampoo! :D
This makes it a lot more efficient and quicker for me to get my hair washed in the morning, before proceeding to condition it using the Deep Cleansing Care Conditioner, which also means I get to sleep a little more in the morning (this means a lot to me)!

The Deep Cleansing Care Conditioner's consistency and texture is also just right for daily use and it doesn't weigh down my hair at all :D
My hair actually feels bouncier now! Love it!!

The fact that Essential's products always have this really light yet invigorating fragrance is another plus point, because it helps me start my morning in a good mood.

At the end of my shower, my hair feels soft, smells nice and I very can easily comb through it even when it's wet without breaking any strands of hair! :O
Additionally, I realised that even when I wash my hair after removing a more complicated hair do, like a bun with tons of bobby pins stuck in it plus some hair spray,
there is no tugging of hair when I shampoo it with the Deep Cleansing Care shampoo.
My hair is so obedient these days!! xD

I can now safely say that the New Essential Deep Cleansing Care shampoo is by far the most compatible shampoo I've used for my combination hair type ^~^

On some days of the week when I feel more hardworking or want to pamper myself a little,
I'll use the New Essential Hair Mask and Essential Treatment Tube!

The improved Essential Treatment Tube formula works its magic on our hair in just 30 seconds :D
I've tried it out a few times now and I can't be more impressed.
Deeply moisturized and manageable hair is now within reach, and in just half a minute!

The texture of the Treatment Tube is richer than the conditioner, but less heavy than the hair mask.
It's like a quick treatment for special occasions where you do not have the luxury of time, but still need chio hair.

What I do is after washing off the Essential Deep Cleansing Care conditioner,
I will slather a generous amount of the Treatment Tube on the ends of my hair and rub it in repeatedly, washing off after 30 seconds.
But sometimes I like to leave it on for a little more cause I'm kiasu (scared lose) like that hahah!

Rub and press the Treatment Tube onto your hair ends like so to ensure that each strand of hair is coated.

And on days when my hair feels FRIED from going through too much bleaching, chemicals or excessive heat from hair styling tools,
the Essential Hair Mask is my emergency go to solution!
The Essential Hair Mask is a more intensive treatment to treat those dry/damaged ends, leaving hair softer, smoother and more manageable.


I'll usually leave the Essential Hair Mask on for 30 minutes and put on a shower cap so that I can go about the house and do my stuff as usual.
Plus I feel that the trapped heat from my head within the shower cap kind of acts like a steamer, just as they have in salons :P
By the way, you only need to apply this to the ends of your hair!

In 2012 when my hair went through the most bleaching and damage, I'd actually written a blogpost on how to achieve soft and pretty hair (not an ad) using the Essential Ultra Honey & Shea Butter Intense Hair Mask. Ahh, the memories~~
Till this day, I still believe it's the Essential Hair Mask is the one of the best options for hair treatments in the comfort of your own home.

To choose the correct treatment and hair mask for your hair type,
people with very dry/damaged hair should use the richest formula Nourishing Breakage Defense (orange) variant for treatment and mask while the rest can use the Moisturizing Frizz Free (pink) variant which is comparatively lighter.

Yay for hair that's beautiful from roots to tips!
Having nice hair really helps boost my confidence ^~^

While we can still edit our faces to make it slimmer, enlarge our eyes using beauty apps,
there's nothing that can help digitally enhance frizzy hair.
Which is why having nice hair seriously makes taking selfies a huge joy~~ xD
If you notice my hair looking better in my recent selfies, you know which brand of shampoo to thank!


Of course, the effectiveness of New Essential doesn't just happen by chance or by magic.
New Essential has Microfine All Smooth Essence which delivers nutrients to repair damaged hair surface from root to tip, while conventional technology concentrates mainly at the roots only.

With this, hair feels surprisingly smooth when you finger comb through whether wet or dry.
The absence of tangles also ensures that water does not get trapped between the tangles,
and hence blow-drying your hair is also faster! :D

If you're interested in trying out the New Essential products,
you can redeem FREE samples of Light Finish Volumizing shampoo & conditioner (yellow variant) at

Also, remember to like Essential on Facebook
and follow Essential on Instagram @essentialsingapore
for updates and promotions on their products! :D

Thank you for reading, love you all!

No comments: