Thursday, October 2, 2014

Simple & Delicious Apple Crumble

On a sudden roll of randomly creating my own recipes recently (most are on my Dayre) and here's one that I just can't help posting on my blog because
I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! ^~^

Usually when I make my own recipes I just add the ingredients in by estimation
and by how much I think is a reasonable amount (without being overly fattening or too sweet).
So if the ratios look weird compared to those professionals' recipes, please pardon me hahah!

But I can assure you that my recipe tastes good too!! ^~^

Apple Crumble

Ingredients
3 Apples (mildly sweet), peeled and chopped into small cubes
1 Tablespoon White Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon Powder
Tiny pinch of salt

32g Brown Sugar
35g All Purpose / Plain Flour
41g Oats (I used Quaker's instant oats)
2 Tablespoon Salted Butter (cold)

Steps
First, peel and chop up your apples into small cubes

Place them in a large bowl

Add in cinnamon, white sugar and salt into the mixing bowl.

Toss it around until well-mixed.

Place the apples it into a pan and bake in the oven at 180 deg C for 12 minutes.

Using the same mixing bowl (so you don't have to wash so many bowls),
pour in the brown sugar, flour, oats and butter and mix well.

You may want to use your hands to mix the ingredients up until they reach a crumb consistency.

By now your apples should be out of the oven

Sprinkle the crumbs over the apple mixture evenly like so.
Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 deg C.

All done! :D

Serve it as is and dig in directly from the pan, or serve it in cute little muffin cups!
The crumbs are fragrant and not too sweet, no greasy texture from excess fat,
and the apples are slightly crunchy (but super easy to bite through) with an enhanced flavour from the cinnamon!
Best served when warm ^~^

One cup (actually, one pan) is NOT enough I swear hahah!
I totally regret not making more of it T~T
And for once I actually really love the taste of apples!!! :P
Even my sister told me she'll want to eat more apples thanks to this, yay!! ^~^

Do let me know if you guys do try this out! :D
Thank you for reading, love you all!

No comments: