Friday, May 13, 2016

Two Men Bagel House

Bagel cravings satisfied, FI-FRIGGIN-NALLY!!!
You guys have no idea how much this means to me LOL!
I wrote a mouthful on my IG photo of my bagel (which I'll embed below) so I hope you take some time to read it cause I'm kinda lazy to type it all over again hahah!

In short, I ADORE bagels and it pleases me so much that I finally got to eat them today at Two Men Bagel House before I went to run errands and head over to meet a client at work!

Two Men Bagel House
Tel: (+65) 6509 4125
Address: No. 16 Enggor Street Icon Village Altez #01-12, S079717
Hours: Weekdays 8am - 7pm
Weekends 9am - 6pm
Public Holidays 9am - 6pm

I almost always give them a call before I head over because there was once I didn't and I head over.... and they were closing T~T
Went there at 1PM today and heard that they only had 1 Rye bagel left omg thank god lol!

First tried a taste of @twomenbagelhouse's bagels 2 years ago at a flea event where they had a booth and I NEVER stopped craving for it ever since! It's THAT good!!! And so far I haven't heard of anywhere else in SG that sells awesome bagels as well. Tried to come over countless times, called them before I came, but they're always sold out real quick or closing soon (cause all sold out), and today I finally dropped by around 1PM and they were ALMOST SOLD OUT wtf left 1 Rye bagel only and I'm like hell yeah that's mine hahaha!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Ordered it with Lox (Cured Salmon, Cream Cheese, Red onions, Dill, Capers, Pickled Beets) $11.90, and it's so bloody filling and yummy!!! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป typing this as I just finished half the bagel to let my tummy rest before I devour the other half ๐Ÿ˜‚ - Okay so in the mean time let me tell you a story about why I love bagels so much..✨ When I was studying for O levels, I always hung out at coffee bean and ate their bagel with cream cheese while revising. And because bagels are hard, it's difficult to eat it really quickly, so it's great for a student studying on budget and don't wanna get chased out. ๐Ÿ˜ณ And then guess what? 6 points for O levels ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ So I tried to make some connection as to why I THINK eating bagel that time helped me with studying.. In primary school I had a super smart classmate called Jiayi who always scored well in exams. So my mum told me "ไฝ ้—ฎๅฅนไป–ๅƒไป€ไนˆ" (ask her what she eats.. Older generation believes that eating certain food makes you smart), and I really asked. She told me "I eat bread". At that time nobody wrote any viral articles about how "10 reasons why breakfast is the most important meal of the day" blabla, or Twitter tips on how chewing on candy can help with memorizing facts (so I assume slowly chewing on bagel is the same) etc ๐Ÿ˜‚ So it all makes sense now. Bagel + hard work = good grades HAHAHAHA Don't just eat bagels and no hard work though! ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿค“
A photo posted by Rachell Tan (@pxdkitty) on


Posey shots while waiting for our bagels cause the place looks so chill it gives you that overseas vibe, you know??


We ordered the Lox & Salted Beef (or something like that).
Bagel + Smoked Salmon + Cream Cheese = best thing ever!
Really wanted to try the other fabulous sounding flavours but I just..... really couldn't let go of smoked salmon & cream cheese hahaha!

I'm not going to do a food review because I'll probably be crazily partial cause I am just biased towards bagels among all other breads.
Just know that it tasted awesome and you should probably go try it out when you're free someday because there aren't many places in Singapore selling bagels, not to mention delicious bagels!

Smoked tomato soup was rich, appetizing and super shiok as well!

Coincidentally, I wore a maroon top with black jeans which was all matchy with their counter top as well.
I shall believe that today the bagel stars in the sky aligned for me hahaha!

Thank you for reading!

No comments: